D3 easy to root?

rushmore

Reaction score
Bootloader may be locked down, but does not mean folks can not at least root and rid of some bloat and use Titanium Back up :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be rooted soon. The developers are usually pretty quick.

sent from my ApeX

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope. I probably won't buy this unless I see videos of the rooted phone first. Because right now, first impressions are just alright, from what people are saying anyway. Otherwise I'm still waiting on the S2 or Bionic.

Mills00013

Reaction score
Someone needs to try to run the gingerbreak and gingersnap rooting methods to see if either of them work.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I hope. I probably won't buy this unless I see videos of the rooted phone first. Because right now, first impressions are just alright, from what people are saying anyway. Otherwise I'm still waiting on the S2 or Bionic.

The Bionic will perform essentially the same, have worse battery life, but will obviously have LTE. The S2 might not be out for months, if at all, based on current revelations. Good luck.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt those methods will work although it is worth a shot.

sent from my ApeX

Mills00013

Reaction score
Gingerbreak still works on the Gingerbread version shipped on the DX and the DX2, so its a huge possibility it will just work.

It is however, patched on the Xperia Play running 2.3.2. So who knows which direction they went with it.

Reaction score
DX2 doesn't have gingerbread yet. We are on Froyo but the Gingerroot app does let you have root access on it and most other Froyo based phones as well.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gingerbreak still works on the Gingerbread version shipped on the DX and the DX2, so its a huge possibility it will just work.

It is however, patched on the Xperia Play running 2.3.2. So who knows which direction they went with it.

Gingerbreak only works on the unrooted .573 to .595 leaks. The OTA which is .596 cannot be rooted using Z4 or Gingerbreak.

Only way to get root on .596 is to flash the TBH rooted version. Plus, the DX/D2 versions of Gingerbread are 2.3.3, not 2.3.4

sent from my ApeX

Mills00013

Reaction score
So you'd wager to say its a definite no on the exploit working on the D3?

If so, thats actually great because it will put a fire under the hackers to find a new exploit for all of the other phones that have been waiting indefinitely for it but dont have the community support of a large device like this (namely the Xperia Play.)

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Bionic will perform essentially the same, have worse battery life, but will obviously have LTE. The S2 might not be out for months, if at all, based on current revelations. Good luck.
Really? Didn't hear that about the S2. I haven't followed it much in the last couple of days though after paying more attention on the Droid 3 and Bionic lately so that could be why. But dang, that sucks.

I might have to go Droid 3 after all. I don't have LTE in my area(Nebraska) anyway until probably the end of 2011, if not till 2013. So I'm skeptical on if I should even get a 4G phone.

But if all that is the case.. I might as well go Droid 3, since I have the OG Droid I really don't want to depart from a hardware keyboard.

esm2

Reaction score
So you'd wager to say its a definite no on the exploit working on the D3?

I just tried gingerbreak on my droid 3, it's a no-go. Sucks to be an early adopter, the verizon crapware is already getting on my nerves (phone has been powered on for 30 mins now....)

Mills00013

Reaction score
Thank you, sir. Currently I'm rocking an Xperia. I've been feeling the pain for over 6 weeks now....

At least in a stock configuration I dont have as much bloat as you. Hopefully the exploits that are discovered in the D3 will be enough for us as well :)

Raptor007

Reaction score
Patience D3 owners patience. The devs will get to work on rooting and getting us what we need, but the phone hasn't hit general retail until next week so those who buy without seeing are fewer.

Happily got mine today and shipping out my Droid Charge & Droid Charge Accessories to their happy new owners tomorrow.

Jon8RFC

Reaction score