1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

D2G Won't Hold Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by Smokeyham, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Smokeyham

Smokeyham New Member

Using my Droid 2 Global in an area where I want to avoid hefty roaming charges by accessing e-mail through a wireless modem

I can connect OK, but frequently loose the wireless signal, and then it re-establishes itself. I am close to the wireles router, so that is not the problem (full strength when I do have a signal). A laptop is working fine with the wireless router, and I even have tried manually setting the router to a variety of channels to see if it helps, but no luck.

At home, I have had no problems with wireless connectivity, so suspect this is something to do with conflicts with roaming, but I am open to any ideas!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS The wireless router is a Netgear N150 (DGN1000)
  2. MK2GETO

MK2GETO New Member

I was having the same problem with mine. i had to go into the router and disable upnp hasnt happened since.
  3. Smokeyham

Smokeyham New Member

Disable upnp - Router Dropping Issue

MK2GETO,

Thanks for the response. Can you tell me wher to look for that in the router settings?

Also, might this have any effect on the other user of the router (a laptop)?

Thanks for the assistance!
Search tags for this page

droid 2 global does not hold wifi connection

razar phone wont hold a wifi connection

why does my d2g keep losing wifi connection?

why won't droid 2 hold connection to wifi