D2G will not charge once below 20% battery

droidfellow

Reaction score
Hello all, my droid 2 global that is about 2 weeks old does not charge if the battery falls bellow 20%. I then have to turn it off for it to charge up.

I went to my local Vzw store and they install a task killer, which did not help. I went back a second time, and they did a factory reboot, which as of last i was down to 5% I plugged in the phone about midnight, and got up at 4 AM and had only 40%.

Is this phone a dud and needs to be replaced?

ExodusC

Reaction score
Remove the task killer. I have no idea why Verizon would even let employees do that.

Anyways, the phone sounds like a dud to me. I would ask for a replacement.

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
I agree with ExodusC, remove the taskiller, they are a waste. My girlfriends old Eris, was always running slow, and we took it to VZW, and they said to install one, and guess what, it didnt help at all. needless to say we trashed the phone. Call VZW and ask for a replacement; also ask for a supervisor, it will get you further, just try not to yell alot.. just be nice :) lol i know that not needed but ive seen it has helped me in the past

leobg

Reaction score
Sounds like your charger isn't good. Make sure you charge off a wall charger that provides at least 850mA current. Most generic chargers provide 300mA or less which will result in very slow charging/inability to charge the phone at all.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
D

droidfellow

Reaction score
Could it be an app causing the issue? This issue happens rooted or uprooted. I had the the cyanogen 7, so last night I decide to go back to the stock setup.

I let the phone get down to 5% around 1 AM went to bed, got up and all was well. Today.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

TheTrigger

Reaction score
Could it be an app causing the issue? This issue happens rooted or uprooted. I had the the cyanogen 7, so last night I decide to go back to the stock setup.

I let the phone get down to 5% around 1 AM went to bed, got up and all was well. Today.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

If you read the CM7 Beta thread on RootzWiki you'll notice that it is stated, "Abnormally Short Battery"

OP
D

droidfellow

Reaction score
Like I said the problem happened before I rooted, and persisted after I rooted. So I reverted back to the stock setup, and it did not happen last night, so I think the problem could just be an app.