D2G vs Droid Pro

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Droid2GlobalLover, May 21, 2011.

1. Droid2GlobalLover

Droid2GlobalLover New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I was wondering what's so bad about the Droid pro. I don't care about small screen, that's gonna give it a better battery life than the d2g. Im a heavy texter so I would use the front keyboard. Which one should I pick?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like a blackberry but isn't. Is junk at price of free.
  3. maurer171

maurer171 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife loves her Pro. So much faster than her Curve. And she really likes the keyboard now that she's used to it. Wanted nothing to do with a slideout or virtual so it was the right choice for her. GL!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. Droid2GlobalLover

Ratings:
    +0
    How was the battery life? Bcuz im really edging toward the pro. Also was she using it with light, moderate, or heavy usage?

5. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X 2014
    What an ignorant comment. The whole premise android was founded upon was the ability to allow the user to choose whichever type of phone that fits their preference. Whether you prefer the DROID pro or not is your own business. What your saying is essentially the same thing as saying that a DROID x looks like an iphone with a bigger screen. Regardless, the original poster should select the phone that fits their preference. If you desire a portrait qwerty keyboard then obviously go with the pro. If you prefer a touch screen keyboard with a larger screen and a slide out qwerty keyboard then go with the DROID 2 global. Android is all about choices, so make the decision that you prefer.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Not junk but I think you're better off with the D2G. I think their may be an issue with the Pro and resetting on it's own as well.
  7. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X 2014
    I have read that too, but most people seem to say that the rebooting issue was resolved in the most recent OTA update back in late April. I have no problems with reboots whatsoever for what its worth.
  8. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When did I say don't get the phone you want? I don't care if it looks like a blackberry but when you go into it thinking it will work as well as one you might be sorry. I recommended that phone to my mother who is a VP when it first dropped & that was a big mistake on my part because corporate sync was trash. Besides that it seems to have some reboot & screen issues. I don't care what people throw money at but when someone asks if it's worth it I'm not going to sugar coat it.
  9. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I have heard alot of complaints about corporate sync on the d2g. But otherwise I agree with everything you said. It looks like a blackberry. If that's what you want go for it but I think its ugly.

Also to the op, we can't really decide for you. Go to the store. Play with both and see if you think the smaller keys on the DP is something you can get used.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
  10. maurer171

maurer171 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery's ok. Typical smartphone. Wife's a moderate user. Checks email constantly though. And yes, like others have said, it stopped the random rebooting a while ago.

11. Droid2GlobalLover

Ratings:
    +0
    So she can get through the whole day bcuz I am willing to go buy the Droid pro this week.

12. maurer171

maurer171 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    YMMV but yeah, it lasts the day. And I haven't done anything to improve it either. Check it out, test it for a few days. If you don't mind the extra effort of a potential return, can't hurt. I'm pretty sure I'd have one if I didn't love my X so much. : )

13. Droid2GlobalLover

Ratings:
    +0
    But a concern that shave is that my brother keeps telling me that my d2g is gonna get gb this week and I told him that im gonna wait till Wednesday. Should I wait a little longer?

14. Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gingerbread this week sounds like a very, very optimistic view on the situation with the updates.

Though maybe Motorola were waiting out to see if the raptors actually come and since those didn't, they might increase their efforts… (You wouldn't want to spend a lot of time on something that might get eaten by raptors before you release it.)
  15. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X 2014

What you said was that it was junk, and my DROID pro is far from junk and to my surprise runs smoother than any rom or overclocking that I experimented with when I had my d1 and d2. The corporate exchange issues were also resolved in the most recent OTA. I also get noticeably better battery life with my droid pro stock rooted then I did with any setup I've had with previous droids. There is nothing to sugar coat, im being 100% honest...I have no reason to say otherwise. Other people's experiences may vary but I have had nothing but enjoyment out of my DROID pro and im coming from both a DROID 1 and DROID 2. So for you to say that the phone is junk is your opinion, obviously because you think it looks like a blackberry, which is fine. But the phone is absolutely not junk. I have had nothing to give me any reason to think that and I actually own a DROID pro.