d2g stuck in a boot loop after SBF, please assist.

SpeeDj

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was using Rom Manager last night attempting to install Cyanogenmod over my .608 gingerbread install after reboot the phone hard locked at the Red M so I figured I would just SBF as I've done several times now back to .330 and then update to .607 then .608. After SBF'ing this morning it is stuck at the droid eye/droid animation over and over again, is there anything I can do to recover my phone from this? I've tried searching every possible way I know how to find a solution, it's almost with desperation that I'm typing this to you now. I pulled the battery and SD card and tried a reboot without the SD card, to no avail.

Any assistance you can offer I'd gladly appreciate it, thanks!

thesoldier

Reaction score
Pull the battery, put it back in, then hold the x key and the power button, should go into recovery. You might get a little android guy I don't remember, if you do then press the magnifying glass button. Wipe data/factory reset, then you should be all good.

Sent from my D2G running HeXen

Last edited:

xm0067

Reaction score
Pull the battery, put it back in, then hold the x key and the power button, should go into recovery. Wipe data/factory reset and then you should be all good.

Sent from my D2G running HeXen

+1

If you are stuck at the moto M, its a system problem. Gotta SBF.
If you get to the droid eye, its a data problem, gotta recovery boot and wipe.

Sent from my ApeX-ed, Overclocked, and Automated DROID 2

feindfyre

Reaction score
so, i'm having this same problem on my phone, except that i can't get to recovery mode; something that i've always been able to do in the past. ive never had any problems with srdlight in the past (since figuring out how to use it properly an' all that jazz) but after flashing back to froyo from the leaked gingerbread so that i could install the official gingerbread update, i started getting the bootloop. first thing i was going to try was a factory reset (something i'm quite familiar with. i use lots of roms) but when i tried entering recovery, i got the little android with the "!" in the triangle like always, but when i pressed the 2 volume buttons, it didnt bring up the menu. i then tried re-sbf-ing and re-sbf-ing with a re-downloaded .sbf file, but nothing has worked.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Not sure why you didn't look it up, but on stock Froyo Recovery is accessed by pressing the Search button on the hardware keyboard. Not the volume buttons.