D2G shuts itself off and on

mcharron

Reaction score
I have looked but not found anything on this. My phone is shutting it self off and then back on at least once a day. The times vary and it does not matter if something is running. Anyone else running into this? Any ideas? My wife has the same phone and it does not do this.
Thanks. I am posting this in the tech forum as well.

tebower

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue last week. Was sitting at a restaurant, checked the time and put my phone down. Picked it up a few mins later, and it was off. I was also experiencing the phone locking up when music was playing, so I did a factory reset. I have not had either problem in over a week.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On the Droid 1 you go to Menu/Settings/Privacy and check the Backup My Data and Auto Restore settings. Does the D2 have something similar?

If you use Launcher Pro Plus (and perhaps other home replacement apps) you can backup up your screen settings in the Preferences menu.

tebower

Reaction score
Yes, all Droids have the Google backup option. I can't see any manufacturer taking it away for any reason.

I backed up my Launcher Pro config, but I just reinstalled all my apps from the market. That doesn't take long, and it gives me the chance to do a clean sweep of my apps, and get rid of ones I am not using. When I do a factory reset, I plan to commit about 45 mins to getting my phone back the way I want it.

Reaction score
FWIW, I use appbrain market, which tracks all your apps, and can redownload them for you after a reset (it gets the ones that Google misses).