D2G self-replacement of display.

toomanyhandles

Reaction score
Hi all;

I have a need for a new display. I was going to get one from one of the sellers online, but then looking at the take-aparts for the Droid 2 (which should be the same) it seems some of the parts are held only by adhesive (the speaker grill and the stuff around the camera) and you'd need to buy THOSE parts as well to get the thing back together properly. I don't see any videos for the D2G yet.

See:
[video=youtube;BUXSmlwUC9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXSmlwUC9Q"]Motorola Droid 2 A955 Take Apart & Disassembly Guide - YouTube[/video]

for example.

Is this something I can do without needing to buy more stuff? I have insurance but since the display is cracked (phone still works) it seems I'll need to pay $100 deductible. I don't mind buying a display as it's less than 1/2 of that, but I don't want to have to buy the other parts also...

Thanks for thoughts.

polack

Reaction score
I haven't taken apart a d2g yet but i have dismantled a few og droids. and you can reuse those parts if your careful taking the phone apart. You will have to get some form of contact adhesive but that's pretty cheap. and only use a tiny amount. Remember to slowly and carefully take the phone apart. if you rush it you will end up breaking something.

bikedude880

Reaction score
And make sure to keep track of all the screws. Ifixit has a D2 teardown that should be fairly similar.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.