D2g sbf?

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to backup my phone so I can go about installing the fission ROM. I'm completely new to this (I'm a experienced PC modder/hacker tho) just rooted my phone last nite, so I was hoping someone could show me what to do, to back up everything and install custom rom, preferably the fission GB rom.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

apollyon0810

Reaction score
If you're already rooted go ahead and purchase the droid 2 bootstrapper from the market. Once that's installed, run it. Run the program, wait for it to be granted superuser access and it'll pop up and say "success!" After that reboot and you should be in the bootstrapper recovery menu. Then select "backup and restore". Its pretty easy to use, just use the volume buttons to navigate and camera button to select. You'll have to slide out the keyboard to hit the return button.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Once you have a backup made and your ROM of choice downloaded to your SD card, wape your data and cache and "install zip from sd card". Reboot and you should be good. First boots take a while.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
And I'm assuming you know you need to download the fission rom manager (FRM) lite from teamdefuses website or make a donation and get the full version.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
And I know I'm making a lot of posts, but I thought I should note Fission is not a gingerbread ROM. You can theme it like GB tho. As far as I know, there are no GB roms for D2G and Fission is the only D2G rom out there.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Just on a side note, I've been seeing a lot of "I'm an experienced PC modder/hacker tho LULZ!!1one!!!" Seems like anybody that is posting that has a pretty elementary question and hasn't searched the forums or looked at the stickies.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I actually have searched but all I could find was threads saying there was no sbf available for the D2G as of yet, and when I searched the market and found the sbf you mentioned, I thought It was only for the og D2. And the only reason I mentioned my exp with PC's, is that, if there was anything involving using the pc in this process, I wouldn't need to be walked thru too much on that

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I think you may be confusing a bootstrapper with an SBF file. You use a program called RSD Lite to use an SBF file to flash your phone back to the exact way it came from the factory. You just use the bootstrapper to backup the system you're currently using and load custom ROMs, ect. I believe if you want the D2G SBF you still need to buy the Team Blackhat app from the market and download from them.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I was gonna post links, but seriously... its the first two stickies on the D2G forum. Look at the top of the screen buddy.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Ok so I buy the droid 2 bootstrapper that's made by clockwork mod, from the marketplace, to back up my phone as is (before I flash any roms) and then in order to be able to recover my phone if needed I need an sbf from team black hat? Which I can't seem to find. So other then not being able to find the sbf from team black hat, am I getting all this right as far as what I need and what I am supposed to download?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Sorry didn't see the link when I made my last post, thanks, and I'm gonna look at the sticky, sorry if I'm incoviencing anyone, I just like to make sure and double check what I am supposed to do, cause I don't want to end up bricking my phone and not have the correct sbf and bootstrap app I need to recover