D2G rotating video and email issues...

chiroruss4

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 8 days into the D2G, and aside from a short battery life, it seems to work great....until....

1) I'm having a problem sending pictures (sharing). It won't even send to my own email. Text emails are no problem, but it seems the picture ones just end up in the outbox after hitting 'send'.

2) Rotating a video. Is this not possible on this phone? I took a video yesterday holding the phone vertically and now will need a chiropractor to view them. I've poked around the settings, but where can I find a setting to rotate the video clockwise 90 degrees? (Keep in mind, I've tried sending this video to my email also and it, too, ended up in the outbox after hitting 'send'.)

Hoping there's an answer....

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. few questions...
is it just ur pix u can't send? is ur outgoing server correct?

let me check my settings on my videos

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok I had checked my video. I did it from both horizontal and vertical video shots
horizontal yes can be viewed either way u hold it.
vertical view yes u need a neck breaker (lol) but how to view it from ur phone, I hit the menu button on the selected video, hit Edit/advanced editing and it was the only way to view it. checking to see what modifications should be done without having to download another app

OP
C

chiroruss4

Reaction score
I think the server is fine - it does send worded email as it should, but pics and videos aren't going anywhere... aside from taking almost 1 hr to even show up in the outbox!!

I'd hate to think that I should have kept the BB Storm...

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok I adjusted the video settings before and after sending via email. I changed from Original to QVGA to see if it worked....and it did

OP
C

chiroruss4

Reaction score
Hey HI Princess,

Thanks for the update. The thing I'm curious about is the time it's taking to even SEND a picture, no less a video. Is it normal for this to take over an hour and cause the phone to heat up?

BTW - you changed from QVGA on the phone? How is this done?

OP
C

chiroruss4

Reaction score
Also, what can be done about file size? I shot a video of about 30 seconds and I can't email it or send it because - as it says - "file too large to send". Aside from taking shorter videos, is there another way to send them without synching to a computer?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
def it should not take an hour! Lol...few mins top. in ur camcorder mode, press menu button, select settings then adjust picture and video resolution. u have to go small when sending via text or email. I think u can go larger resolutions on longer periods but, using ur USB to transfer to ur pc. phones can only hold so much file in it and can't send due to it being large