D2G Overclocking

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Pharmacopeia, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Pharmacopeia

Pharmacopeia New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello To All,

I have a D2G with fission 2.4.3 that I am trying to find if overclocking is necessary and/or if the benefits are outweighed by the risk. What programs would work best for overclocking if it is worth it and any and modifications I could do to the fission OS on my D2G to make it run like a lighting bolt when I am using it and conserve my battery when I am not using it like while sleeping...

I only wished I had joined the forum when I first started playing with my D2G... my 1st smart phone by the way. I love to learn about tech when I not studying to become a Nuclear Pharmacist.

So far I have tried the Milestone app to try overclocking 140-150K and volt 75-85 changes and that didn't seem to work for me and I have read that the other overclocking apps are only 4 stepping which I don't know if I trust.

Thanks to any and all of the forum participants for walking me through getting this far based on posts I found prior and to anyone who can help me become more D2G savvy in the future!

2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +22
    welcome to the forum! I use jrummy16 overclock app. very useful tool to help with battery and to speed up ur device.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

3. Pharmacopeia

Pharmacopeia New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info I will definitely give it a try!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

4. Pharmacopeia

Pharmacopeia New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ive been running the jrummy app for like three days now seems to be working all except it force closes every time i try and enter cpu scaling. I can set the frequencies i just cant scale them! One other thing my max scaling was set at 1350 is this the max that is recommented for this phone b/c i thought I remembered reading a much higher number somwhere!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

5. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +22
    hi...just remember the higher the clock rate likely failure will occur and possible FC.
    I think ur cpu is too high and may fry ur phone. I would think its getting hot. read up on this thread cause its really informative. also u may wanna go medium or low voltage for battery.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

sent from the Hawaiian D2G