D2G not recognizing that it's docked

uneasyrider

Reaction score
I have a D2G with desktop docks at home & work. The dock apps have always worked fine. About a week ago, the dock app stopped loading whenever I put the phone on the dock. It still charges, but it's like the phone doesn't know it's docked.

I've tried 3 other docks, same thing at each location. I haven't changed any settings on my phone during lately (I loaded a new ROM yesterday, well after I started having problems).

I've gone through every setting I can find and I don't see anything that would keep it from loading. I know I don't have any kind of dock blocker... as I just loaded a new ROM on my phone yesterday.

From my understanding, the phone knows it's docked by 2 magnets (one in the phone and one in the dock) lining up correct?? Could there possibly be a problem with the magnet in the phone?? Any way to fix this myself?? I really don't feel like filing (and paying for) a claim just because my phone won't dock.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Hmmm... what ROM did you load up? Did you notice this problem right after you loaded this new ROM, or a little while thereafter (as in, it docked correctly with the new ROM)?

If so, then it could be a bug in that ROM. That's just my guess though...

OP
U

uneasyrider

Reaction score
Hmmm... what ROM did you load up? Did you notice this problem right after you loaded this new ROM, or a little while thereafter (as in, it docked correctly with the new ROM)?

If so, then it could be a bug in that ROM. That's just my guess though...
It has nothing to do with the ROM. This problem has been happening for almost 2 weeks now. I just loaded a new ROM 2 days ago.

This problem is happening before AND after.