D2G No Updates still on 2.2

nubby

Reaction score
My son has a D2G not rooted and still running 2.2. I see on motorola's site that he should be up to 2.4.3. Any help would be appreciated.

kijutsu

Reaction score
My son has a D2G not rooted and still running 2.2. I see on motorola's site that he should be up to 2.4.3. Any help would be appreciated.

Blame Verizon... they still haven't passed the update on to us. Likely because they didn't approve of something in the new software. Stay tuned -- DroidForums.net will have news on front page when Gingerbread finally gets released for us D2G users.

It's already been delayed at least twice... so don't hold your breath for a release within the next month :)

eMWu

Reaction score

The latest firmware is 2.4.330 which is based on Android 2.2

OP
nubby

nubby

Reaction score
He hasn't gotten 2.4.3 or even the market update. Any ideas where we can grab it?

iguanad

Reaction score
Settings - About Phone - System Updates

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

iguanad

Reaction score
I don't understand.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

rusty815

Reaction score
as stated earlier, 2.4.330 or 2.4.3 is the latest firmware and its based on android 2.2, chances are your phone already has it. i dont know why motorola numbers their firmware similarly to android releases, it just confuses people. in fact, android 2.4 (supposedly ice cream sandwich) isnt even out yet, google hasnt released it.

Insidious

Reaction score
It'll be 4.0, I is the 4th letter in the alphabet :3
D2G thing. Its most likely on 2.4.330, and a few months ago it was supposed to be updated to Android 2.3. Moto abandoned us though!
Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)

Byakushiki

Reaction score
For the rest of us on 2nd init roms however, we're already on android 2.3.5 :laugh:
I'll restore back to 2.2 soon though, once again in hopes of maybe a lucky push of an update. If I get it, expect a prompt upload :)

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G