D2G newbie... phone will randomly reset

UNC

Reaction score
I was just floating the idea, because I know from experience that sometimes the official builds have errors, and believe me I take no offense to anything. Lol.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Nasa

Reaction score
Is it really a reboot or does it just turn itself off?

If the latter it could be the in pocket detection or screen time out, both found under settings/display.

OP
luvs2kidos

luvs2kidos

Reaction score
Its really a reboot and it only does it once a day at random times. I've done a factory reset and it still does it....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

rweb

Reaction score
Are you running it with Verizon CDMA or GSM?

rweb

Reaction score
OK, then my thought doesn't apply.
When I'm back home in Germany and use my D2G with GSM, I have these random reboots, too. I had the same issue with my old Motorola Milestone, too, at least with most ROMs. I think it's a combination of ROM and SIM card.
But I did never run in such a reboot while in the US. So sorry, I have no idea about your problem.

Kinobe

Reaction score
I get this once in a while. Sometimes while I'm using it (replying a text), other times it reboots while in my pocket. I'm on GSM too.

Seriously with the number of problems I have experienced using the D2G for over a month, my verdict is it's a piece of s---. I'm trying VERY hard to like it (and there's a lot to like) but all I've been doing for the past month is diagnosing problem after problem.

fritsbenik

Reaction score
I've the same issue, I thought it might by the Fission rom so I reverted back to stock with the SBF file but it keeps rebooting every few minutes. I'm just like Kinobe and try to like the phone but this is just outrageous.
I'm running GSM/UMTS btw.

lwpsdj

Reaction score
Same Problem, Call Verizon Tech Support to report the issue!!!

So I just received a replacement phone for this problem and I am having the same problem with my replacement. I called Verizon Wireless Tech Support and I am the first person to report this problem to Verizon (which they submit this issue to Google and Motorola). :greendroid::greendroid::greendroid: So if you are having this same problem call Verizon Tech Support and they will submit the issue to Motorola and Google for this to be fixed.

The more people who call the faster the issue gets fixed!:greendroid:

OP
luvs2kidos

luvs2kidos

Reaction score
I have reported this problem to Verizon several times and they said the same thing to me. They told me to wipe my phone and start over. Which I have done several times but after doing that it still does it...........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have reported this problem to Verizon several times and they said the same thing to me. They told me to wipe my phone and start over. Which I have done several times but after doing that it still does it...........

If you've done the wipe, ran it without any apps as I suggested for a couple of days and it doesn't reset then it's not the phone. But that's what you have to do is run it without apps for a couple of days. Then slowly add the apps back in. If you're just resetting and adding the apps back on then you haven't done anything.

OP
luvs2kidos

luvs2kidos

Reaction score
The only thing I put on my phone was I synced my google contacts for the first 2 days and it started resetting within 12 hours with only my contacts on phone. If im not able to even put contacts on the phone what is the point?