D2G Launchers?

Chaos2092

Reaction score
I'm not really sure exactly what a launcher is or what would make a good one (I'm assuming one that's lightweight, because I imagine it's what controls your app launching etc.)

I'm running Fission on my D2G, rooted obviously, and I imagine different ROMs have different launchers stock with its install. If so, is Fission's any good and either way is there a highly recommended launcher I use, what would I have to do in order to install/utilize it properly and what might I need to back up or not?

Thanks in advance, guys. dancedroid

OP
Chaos2092

Chaos2092

Reaction score
I dug around a little more, and came to that conclusion as well. Couldn't be happier, runs ridiculously smooth, better on memory and the features of it are awesome. Had to replace one widget but that wasn't a big deal at all... even sprung to pay the the unlocked Plus version to be sure I can utilize it all effectively if I learn more in the future. Awesome stuff, thanks!

bfederspill

Reaction score
Launcher Pro

In case you didn't know, slide the widgets left or right and you get 5 more spots on each side for more widgets. I use the center spot for the apps drawer on each side. Launcher Pro is still the best launcher program out there. I bought it over a year ago, best $ I ever spent for my Droid.
Glad to help.

eMWu

Reaction score
I use Zeam Launcher. It doesn't have as many features as Launcher Pro, but I prefer a more lightweight launcher myself.

OP
Chaos2092

Chaos2092

Reaction score
Launcher Pro seems quite lightweight as well, and it's quick and the features are awesome. I only use one page and one dock and use gestures for apps I like. Works perfectly.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
LPP is the best. Been using it since the G1. Works great for not having to clutter a few screens with stuff. Maybe not everyone's cup'o'tea, but it works for me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Matveh

Reaction score
Combo LPP with Widgetsoid and Widgetlocker seems to provide the total package. Love the switcher bar in the notification pulldown.

OP
Chaos2092

Chaos2092

Reaction score
I just got Widgetlocker, what's widgetsois for?

Matveh

Reaction score
Widgetsoid is just a well-rounded widget pack that has customizable toggles for a wide array of settings, shortcuts, etc. I especially like the ability to have a toggle bar in my notifications, so I can pull it down and adjust any given setting from within most apps, any home screen or from the widgetlocker screen.

Morrissey

Reaction score
I use Go Launcher, I tried the others and for some reason stuck with go......try a few out

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bikedude880

Reaction score
A good light-ish weight launcher that I prefer is Zeam. It has enough features and customization to make me happy. Haven't used anything since I found it after testing several others.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

mjk0617

Reaction score
i've always used go launcher ex. seems less laggy than launcher pro, and it's free.