D2G Dialer Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Alright, I'm stuck at work right now and can flash between Liberty, Stock and Fission at will.

On that note, something kinda weird. I can't get the GSM radio working in Liberty unless I flash OVER Fission first. And I can't get Fission running unless I flash from the stock firmware. Normal? Weird? Is my phone possessed?

EDIT: Angdroid you say?! What's that do? I'm willing to try anything. Also, I can rule out the network - won't work on any GSM SIM's I have access to.

That sounds right. Liberty doesn't have the base files that fission requires which means flashing stock then fission (or keeping a backup of fission available).

Angdroid is the one in charge of fission rom over at team defuse.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Although most roms are based on aosp i thought aosp is built as the groundwork for both gsm and cdma phones. I will be interested to hear what is causing your dialer issues

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not really because aosp for d2 is different from aosp for d2g. So while it may be close there are alot of small internal changes. This is why there is so little support for the d2g but so much for d2/dx.

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Seems weird that Fission doesn't work properly to me. I also applied the GSM hotfix in their FRM to rule that out (still no luck)

Edit: Right from the top of the Fission post "This ROM does not have SIM card functions yet so if you are using a SIM card then please do not use this ROM."

Yet what's weird is there's a hotfix in the FRM that "enables sim cards". Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
I wonder if the fact that it's on a GSM network is affecting it? The DX and D2 didn't support GSM so i wonder if when used with the romer on your d2g it may lead to the issues you are facing. I was under the assumption that Angdroid was able to fix GSM issues on fission, as others have used it overseas on GSM networks.
Any chance that you could try a prepaid GSM card from another network and see if that resolves the issues and rules the network out?

We could probably bundle up a version of another ROM with the blur dialer apk and framework for you. if you don't mind some blur back on your phone. I'm not sure if other developers would disapprove of us tweaking their roms...
If I back anything up from the stock build (like either via nandroid or a third party back up tool), think there's a way we could dump the configurations into the other ROMs? This sounds more and more like a total fluke, there's so many people using the D2G off of Verizon on GSM, it almost feels like I'm the only one.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Could try backing up the phone apk from stock using titanium back up then dropping it in. Might screw up your install though, not sure.

Sorry, had to lay down for a bit (think I caught a cold or something) so didn't really have a chance to look into it.

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Could try backing up the phone apk from stock using titanium back up then dropping it in. Might screw up your install though, not sure.

Sorry, had to lay down for a bit (think I caught a cold or something) so didn't really have a chance to look into it.

No sweat man, I appreciate the help so far. I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours anyways so anything I do is purely speculative.

What do you think the odds that a third party dialer would work?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Probably less likely than getting the stock one to work to be honest. Couldn't hurt to try though.

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Worth a shot at least. It's so weird, I've been forum crawling on this for two days and I could swear I'm on my own on this problem. Everything else is beautifully documented.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Atleast you asked about it. Sure you aren't the only person (possibly the only one that didnt just go back to stock and stay though). We'll get this figured out..... gotta sit down and try to get apk manager working for me so I can look at the insides of a few apk, maybe can get this thing cracked that way.

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Atleast you asked about it. Sure you aren't the only person (possibly the only one that didnt just go back to stock and stay though). We'll get this figured out..... gotta sit down and try to get apk manager working for me so I can look at the insides of a few apk, maybe can get this thing cracked that way.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Let me know if I can help at all. I'll keep plugging away here.

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Just more as a mental note to myself: Trying GummyJar when I get home since it's apparently compiled from the ground up based on the stock ROM

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
GummyJAR is pretty smooth, might cause you to have to sbf though (i had to, not sure why). Just a warning....

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what it stands for. It's the image file that moto puts on the phone when the phone is assembled at the factory though. its basically wipes everything on your phone and returns it to factory status.

Status
Not open for further replies.