D2G Dialer Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time posting but have been lurking for a few months.

I'm using a D2G in Canada on Telus (GSM) and any time I use a ROM that isn't stock or "D2G, Stock, Deodexed, Busybox, Root, 2.4.330 Full Rom" , the dialer app doesn't work. I can place the call but I hear nothing and the other end doesn't hear me. When I use the Stock rom, phone works just fine. Any ideas?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure how to help you, I live in the us so have no way to test anything concerning global anything.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
I'm almost wondering if it's a dialer issue in the app itself? Like, the stock Blur dialer works but every other ROM (save for the GRD build) uses a stock dialer. Is there anyway to copy the info into it? Or any kind of funky settings that the Blur dialer uses?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If I remember right (I had said something to the effect of doing that to someone else) it wont work according to Drod. Something about the framework modifications wont allow it. Should be able to on atleast fission though because its just a few modded files basically.

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Yeah, Fission was dead in the water. Now, think there's a way to copy in the Blur dialer into another app? Like copy it's framework mods?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You would have to rip apart the framework files and change the associations I think.

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
How doable is that? I'm willing to put the legwork in to get Blur to go screw itself.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have no clue or id already have worked on it. I have basically no dev knowledge beyond writing a few scripts and I got my hands wet in python. Im more of a troubleshooting person.

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
It's weird, it's almost like it's not routing the audio properly to the internal speaker/from the mic. Figure that rings any bells?

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I wonder if the fact that it's on a GSM network is affecting it? The DX and D2 didn't support GSM so i wonder if when used with the romer on your d2g it may lead to the issues you are facing. I was under the assumption that Angdroid was able to fix GSM issues on fission, as others have used it overseas on GSM networks.
Any chance that you could try a prepaid GSM card from another network and see if that resolves the issues and rules the network out?

We could probably bundle up a version of another ROM with the blur dialer apk and framework for you. if you don't mind some blur back on your phone. I'm not sure if other developers would disapprove of us tweaking their roms...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's probably it now that I think about it. Would have to tear apart the blur dialer apk from dx or d2 and a d2g to compare. Never could get apk manager to work right for me though -.-

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Alright, I'm stuck at work right now and can flash between Liberty, Stock and Fission at will.

On that note, something kinda weird. I can't get the GSM radio working in Liberty unless I flash OVER Fission first. And I can't get Fission running unless I flash from the stock firmware. Normal? Weird? Is my phone possessed?

EDIT: Angdroid you say?! What's that do? I'm willing to try anything. Also, I can rule out the network - won't work on any GSM SIM's I have access to.

Status
Not open for further replies.