1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

D2G corrupt & now missing dialer2.2

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global Development' started by mattlward, Jul 5, 2011.

1. mattlward

mattlward New Member

Ok, so my dialer 2.2 was not working, when I hit the dialer button it tried to load and the just went back to the home screen. I had Titanium Pro installed and running since purchase and root, I deleted dialer with the intention of just restoring it with Ti Pro. Ti Pro only backed up the data, so now I do not have Dialer 2.2.

How do I get the dialer app back since it is a system app? My wife has a non-rooted D2G, is there any way to get it from her phone?

Thanks Matt
  2. hellajdm

hellajdm New Member

If you are running a custom rom, I would try reflashing that rom without wiping anything. Or... You could perhaps unzip one of the custom roms on this forum and look in the system/app/ folder and look for the Dialer.apk that you want and drag it back on to your phone via computer. If anyone else thinks there is a better way, please go ahead and chime in.
  3. mattlward

mattlward New Member

I have dl'd several roms and extracted them, but installers refuse to install a system app. I am rooted running stock 2.2. I really need this back. Anyplace to get the stock image as an update.zip? Maybe update over the top?

Thanks Matt

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  4. hellajdm

hellajdm New Member

You may need to use a program like Root Explorer or something of that sort to place the .apk into the /System/Apps folder. You may have to do some research yourself but if this doesn't work than I am not sure.
  5. 60lpsdf250

60lpsdf250 New Member

Hi Matt,
    Sounds like you're best bet is to flash back to stock ("SBF" ). Check out this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1581057. Read it carefully and you should have your phone back to stock. You can then re-root and ROM.

D2G
  6. Grog

Grog New Member

Without a nandroid back-up, and also not knowing how it got corrupted you're better off sbf'ng or installing a custom rom. Hexen and Angel don't use the stock dialer and Cyanogen is based on GB.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  7. Dfit18

Dfit18 New Member

i had the same problem. i ended up downloading a dialer app from the market called "dialer one" its works pretty well and is a good substitute from the stock dialer app.
Search tags for this page
android grobal 2 dialer problems

android lost dialer

corupted android dialer
dialer.apk d2g
how to update droid global 2 dialer