D2G Black Screen

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just got my D2G last week. Grabbed my microSD (16gb class 10) from my other Android and popped it in. My phone once in a while when it woke it from sleep would keep the screen black, but the backlight would come on. I had to pull the battery and reset the phone. So I reformatted the microSD and it worked fine (most likely something to do with the .Android folder having junk relating to my last phone).

Now I have Fission 2.4.3 on my phone and its doing it again. Even after I reformatted the microSD card again. It will sometimes keep the screen black after a phone call too. There seems to be some interactivity, since I can toggle the phone volume (down to vibrate where it does a test vibrate). Anyone else having this problem or is this a hardware issue? I am sure now its not a ROM thing, since it did it on stock and on Fission (well, not sure about the call issue so much). I would hate it to be my microSD...

I am not a noob to Androids, so this baffles me even more... I might give my microSD card a switch to the stock 8gb class 2 (EEEEEWWW) to see if it does anything. I don't have any apps on my SD, since the phone has 8gb internal...

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump but I stumbled on this thread. Did you ever resolve the issue as I am having this problem occasionally to.

zBusterCB87

Reaction score
Did you try it without the memory card to see what happens...?

It is possible the phone's version of reformat is not a true/full format & setup for use...

Also, try doing a full format on the computer with the card (fat32 I think it is) then plug it in your phone, tell the phone to format it for its use so all the phones needed directories & files show up, then test it again...

Also, if you can as a 3rd test: Borrow someone's card from a phone just like yours that works just fine (Only make sure they back up their data first)...

That is all I can think of...

Becides making sure the contacts on the phone/card are clean, the card is not damaged, the contacts on the phoone/card are not damaged, all the contacts for the card are touching properly...idk...

Hope this Helps let u know if its the memory card again that is causing it! :)

Last edited: