D2g before and after w/Cm7

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Long story short, motorola is taking to long to deliver our gingerbread update so i finally decided to flash cm7.
Here's a quadrant score on the stock build and rooted
1305948717508.jpg

And now with Cm7
screenshot-1312821596350.png

Also battery life has been improved, with my regular use the phone would only last about 6~9 hours, but now it lasts all day which is awesome. But i did use battery calibration to get the battery's longer life. Not having blur is a huge relief, it now feels like this d2g can kick some ass and now i really enjoy this phone.

Liskrig

Reaction score
This is great to know! I'm going to try to convince my girlfriend to let me do this to her phone. Thanks for posting the scores. :)

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
No problem, but just make sure to follow directions carefully and it should install with no problems.

desertwarrior11b

Reaction score
I myself am tired of waiting for GB. Can someone explain to me the ways of the force so that I too may join the side of CM7. I have never been interested in rooting my phone, but I am now to the point of finding someone from Motorola and throwing my phone at their head. Could someone tell me how to go about putting CM7 on my phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Only in the 2,500's? I pulled nearly 3,000 when I benchmarked with quadrant ;)

eMWu

Reaction score
Too bad bluetooth doesn't work, it's crucial for me.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
No it just fluctuates like insane actually. One time might get me 2,900, another 2,300. Other times, it outright fails before it finishes :laugh:

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I myself am tired of waiting for GB. Can someone explain to me the ways of the force so that I too may join the side of CM7. I have never been interested in rooting my phone, but I am now to the point of finding someone from Motorola and throwing my phone at their head. Could someone tell me how to go about putting CM7 on my phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
Here's where you can find Z4root and bootstrap for the d2g http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html

And here's where cm7 is located [Dev Thread][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 (based off cm4d2 port)

Just follow the instructions carefully and it should install with no problem

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
No it just fluctuates like insane actually. One time might get me 2,900, another 2,300. Other times, it outright fails before it finishes :laugh:

Oh haha, but its nice that the phone can perform almost as well as the dual core droids

seventieslord

Reaction score
As soon as Bluetooth is fixed I am SO getting CM7. I miss it from my LG eve days. But I need Bluetooth, it's crucial.

EOK1335

Reaction score
that benchmark is prolly because of the media engine has been changed to stagefright, which was originally opencore...
mine used to hit 2600 with the stock rom after switched to stagefright...but IMO altho its running a higher mark there is no quite significant improve on UI speed :p