D2G Baseband Update--How To?

sailorman28

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering if any one knows about updating or downgrading a baseband on the Droid 2 Global. I have done plenty of searching and have found no tutorials or posts regarding this issue. A problem arises on this phone where it gets locked in the USA BAND and does not allow the user to selece EURO BAND or anything else which is extremely annoying if one is traveling abroad. I am assuming a baseband can be updated by placing an update.zip file on the sd card and booting from recovery? If anyone has any info on this it would be GREATLY appreciated as Verizon has no idea what is going on here.

Thanks

xrevx

Reaction score
I had issues with it. Yes that's how you install it according to the thread I read but it keeps aborting for some reason I still have the file but I'm researching it to find a solution. Reply to this post if you find anything I'll post if I find one as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

petarn

Reaction score
I had issues with it. Yes that's how you install it according to the thread I read but it keeps aborting for some reason I still have the file but I'm researching it to find a solution. Reply to this post if you find anything I'll post if I find one as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Did you ever manage to upgrade the baseband? I have the same problem as the OP. USA BAND is the only available and I cant get data in Europe..

mk1

Reaction score
Have a verizon D2G Android 2.3.3 systemversion 4.5.608.a956 baseband N_01.80.00r
Verizon gave me the unlock code but I cant get it to work at all. It does not prompt me to unlock unless I put it on GSM only and press #073887* but after I put unlock code it just fails. but I think its because in GSM only mode the cell has no signal to talk to the network. I have tried it with international sim verizon sim boost sim and tmobile sim same everytime. Any help much appreciated, Thanks in advance