D2G Automatically Locking Screen when I Place a Call

super_saxy

Reaction score
Hey all,

I searched for this and really couldn't find anything useful.

My D2G is dimming and locking the screen whenever I place a call. This is happening almost instantaneously as I hit the button to initiate the call. Any ideas on how to change this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

My D2G is dimming and locking the screen whenever I place a call. This is happening almost instantaneously as I hit the button to initiate the call. Any ideas on how to change this?

Screebl from the Market.

draexo

Reaction score
Hey all,

I do not have this problem with my D2G. If you turn on the dialpad under Settings>Call Settings>Show Dialpad> to ALL calls, when you pull the phone away from your head the dialpad will pop up. This is not the default setting.

tlgrandam215

Reaction score
I had a similar problem because the screen protector I bought covered up the proximity sensor. I was having similar problems and didn't realize the sensor was covered up. Once I removed the screen protector it worked perfectly, just a thought.

OP
S

super_saxy

Reaction score
Hmmm. I have recently put a new screen protector on. I'll try taking it off to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the tip!

boatbod

Reaction score
Had to punch a hole in the protector on my wife's D2G for this very reason. Fixed it right up!