1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

D2G Always Syncing?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by arsci, May 9, 2011.

1. arsci

arsci New Member

I recently tried to install a different ROM on my D2 global and I did something wrong and I had to flash the stock sbf file that was on here. (forgive me if I get the terminology wrong, i'm still learning!) Got everything reloaded and its working like it should, except the syncing icon is just sitting in the notification bar and i have no idea why. It's been sitting for at least 12 hours and it's still there. I don't really know where to start to figure out why it's still trying to sync or if there is another issue with it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a quick screen shot:

[​IMG]
  2. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

Settings->Accounts & sync->tap your google account name. Disable all the sync options and turn them back on. See if that helps.

BTW What widget is that your using?
  3. arsci

arsci New Member

I disabled all the sync boxes for my google accounts and rebooted...still showing up. It pops up shortly after the notification the setcpu and milestone apps have been granted root permissions., if that helps narrow down the problem at all.

And that widget is called flipclock blackout. I like it a lot, it does weather too but I have that disabled.
  4. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

Hmm if its still syncing after disabling sync, then something really screwy is going on. The SBF here is not current. If your back to stock apply the OTA(Settings->About Phone->Check Updates), you should probably do this before you try to install any roms as well. Not sure how critical it is for D2G roms like Fusion,Fission,and Angel Rom but for D2G roms it can be important. I cant say it will actually fix it but maybe this was a bug in .229(I think thats the proper version number).

Thanks for the widget tip. I ended up going with one of the other color schemes they offer. Going to try it out in place of beautiful widget.
  5. arsci

arsci New Member

Thanks for your help so far. I just ran the update and it updated a bunch of things, still has the problem. I know I messed something up when I tried to switch to the liberty rom. I did manage to get back to stock though. Id like to try to get liberty to work again because I was really impressed with what little bit I did get to see.

My brother has the exact same phone that was bought at the exact same time, is there a way/would it help to copy his sbf onto mine? (Is that even possible?) I mean its not a huge deal, because it seems to just be the icon...it didn't appear to be draining my battery or using resources excessively from what I could tell from todays normal use.

And I was using fancy widget as my clock before which i REALLY like but I like to change up my homescreens every couple weeks. I like the system data this one shows.
  6. Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno New Member

You could re-SBF and do a wipe/factory reset. Since I don't see how the issue can remain after a full reset.
  7. arsci

arsci New Member

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing. I might try to switch to liberty again.
  8. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

As long as you have the OTA update first, I would say go for it. ;)
Search tags for this page
android always synching

android always syncing

droid 2 global sync symbol and slowness