D2 will not sbf

JOSHK5

Reaction score
I used the black hat full VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf through rsdlite on my droid 2 and it failed initially. then i read to wipe through stock recovery holding power on and home buttons but the bootloader screen now says battery low cannot program. tried charging both usb and wall charger, but both bring up same screen. Can anyone explain to me how to get the battery charged please?? thanks...
Not sure if this is in the correct section please move if so. thanks

trook

Reaction score
did you try pulling out your battery, putting it back in, do not turn the phone back on and let it charge on the wall charger? then booting into recovery and installing your backup? If that doesnt work you could try reading through the "rescue squads" threads, I'm sure your not the 1st person to have this problem.

Last edited:
OP
J

JOSHK5

Reaction score
yes tried that but still same problem. but thanks ill look thru the rescue squad files.

xombiemp

Reaction score
This happened to me too! Did you ever find a fix. How do I get this to charge?!

CellZealot

Reaction score
Low battery warnings mean just that! You need to have a fully charged battery before starting any flashing procedure. The phone cannot charge the battery while in recovery or bootloader and if you spend a long time in that state during any flashing or recovery procedure you can be at risk of this problem.

You will have to charge the battery in another phone or external charger or get a spare battery if neither option is available to you.

It is very bad news to run out of power during a flash cycle, which is why the bootloader has that safety check and message about power state before it will start.

OP
J

JOSHK5

Reaction score
Thanks. But is there a way to force the phone into a charging state through adb? does anybody know?

CellZealot

Reaction score
No...there is no way to make it charge while in recovery or bootloader.

Charging in recovery requires both kernel support and support for it in the recovery itself. Neither is possible with the limitations of the new phones.
Charging in bootloader is impossible due to hardware limitations.

This is a big problem and should be bolded in red in 40pt. characters at the top of every thread that has anything to do with flashing and recovery!

OK?

OP
J

JOSHK5

Reaction score
Ha yes that seems like a logical explanation and I agree that should be stated in any instructional for sbfing as well as wiping in stock recovery which I found to be important but not before my battery died. Thanks for explaining.

xombiemp

Reaction score
I was able to fix this using a coworkers battery while I re-flashed the sbf. Your only options are to use someone else's battery or have someone else's phone charge your battery. I think the Droid and Droid 2 batteries are the same, so if you know someone with either of those that would be good.

You could also take your battery to somewhere that sells Droid or Droid 2 and see if they'll charge your battery for you.

Last edited:
OP
J

JOSHK5

Reaction score
Problem solved! Took the phone to verizon store and told them i tried updating and it bricked. but they charged the battery and tried flashing it and told me it was still stuck in bootloader showing corrupt data and cannot be fixed. so they are sending a new phone in mail. so for fun when i got home with fresh battery i used the full sbf again and got stuck in bootloop. so i pulled battery and tried to flash again but battery was dead after re-entering bootloader this time it charged on wall charger and i then flashed the system only sbf and the phone booted perfectly. so thanks to everyone for helping me. i guess when i get my new phone in the mail im supposed to be sending a bricked phone back to manufacturer. i guess they will be getting a fully functioning phone while i get a new one. lol.dancedroid