D2 Updated, Now whens our update come: DX

Scubamike

Reaction score
One of the issues that needs to be address, and will be says Motorola, is the Battery Usage Statistics force close problem. I think that is the big one for me.

As for wifi, I'd like to use it but my rickety old DI-514 router doesn't like any mobile devices. Period. I've tried the iPod touch, my old Samsung Omnia I910 and now my DX. No go. If a new update did cure this issue it would make my evening!

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
With the exception of text messages being misordered in the native tool, what other issues are we hoping the update resolves?

I'm curious to hear what other problems need to be addressed. and even the text message problem had an easy solution with one of the many app's on the market that handle text messages, and are a lot better than the default anyway!

I've had some minor problems with other things (one day my camcorder force closed everytime I tried to record a video) but nothing that isn't solved by a simple reboot of the phone.

swallman

Reaction score
Issues I have run into with the DX that need to be corrected:

1) WiFi continually disconnects/reconnects. I've been traveling in Canada the past 2 weeks, trying to connect to WiFi on a variety of routers (hotels, bars, restaurants, etc.). Having to use WiFi (since I have data turned off) and seem to be getting this issue on a regular basis. What good does WiFi do if I can't connect to the WiFi available (and don't ask me to reboot my router - it isn't mine!).

2) GPS drops out, gets searching for GPS. Ran into this consistently last week when trying to use it for Nav. Only fix was a battery pull. Note - had a D1 for 6 months and never had this issue.

3) Exchange email quits syncing.

dadarkside

Reaction score
One of the issues that needs to be address, and will be says Motorola, is the Battery Usage Statistics force close problem. I think that is the big one for me.

As for wifi, I'd like to use it but my rickety old DI-514 router doesn't like any mobile devices. Period. I've tried the iPod touch, my old Samsung Omnia I910 and now my DX. No go. If a new update did cure this issue it would make my evening!

the battery manager force close is the only problem i know of. i have handcent for text messaging so i know nothing about the unordered txt msgs and my wifi connections are fine.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Battery manager is the only issue I have, but even that fixes itself in matter of minutes. Everything works flawlessly but on a leaked 2.2.

Sent from my DROIDX

dirtnasty

Reaction score
I love my droid x but gotta say the volume on this sucks my friend got the first droid and the volume blows mine away

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
They also need to fix the default programs reset issue. I HATE having to constantly remind my phone which app to use for a certain task even though I have already set a default program for that task.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FragDroidX

Reaction score
I am having the Wifi issues.
The issues with Wifi seem to be when you are using a router that is Wireless N and you are running it in N and G mode. I have temprorarily backed my router down to G only so that my G devices can connect to it and this has solved the connection issues with my DroidX but I would rather be connecting on N. So maybe that's why others are not having the issues. Maybe they are running either in all N mode or all G mode.
I have a D-Link DGL-4500 router. Maybe someone should start a thread and for the people having Wifi issues and have everyone post the make and model of their router, the settings they are using, etc.

I have the same router and connect with no issues running it in mixed mode. One thing I did notice is that on 2.1 my phone would somehow connect on N and G and pull two IP addresses. All I had to do was have my phone forget the router and then have it pull a new address and its been working like a champ ever since.