D2 Updated, Now whens our update come: DX

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
Im happy that most of the D2 Users are enjoying there new update. But I hope they update the DX soon. I want to be able to use my wifi at home again and not have to tap in to my best friends next door. Hurrrry upp pleeasee dancedroid

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you can use your friends wifi then the problem is not with the phone but your wifi.

Sent from my DROIDX

timrock

Reaction score
i keep hearing about a wifi issue. i have not had this issue at all. and im not rooted either, but like someone said, if you can get into other wifi connections, its not the phone.

hyperlite

Reaction score
Few seem to have realized this yet, but the update for the D2 adds stuff the X can already do, feature wise. The X has a whole different set of problems to address.

OP
DarkJeckyll

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
When i first got my X it had 2.1 connected to my wifi perfectly fine. Now with 2.2 it does the notorious connected/disconnect over and over. Its not the router it may be the type of router but nothing is wrong with the router.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
With the exception of text messages being misordered in the native tool, what other issues are we hoping the update resolves?

bigdog9586

Reaction score
Im happy that most of the D2 Users are enjoying there new update. But I hope they update the DX soon. I want to be able to use my wifi at home again and not have to tap in to my best friends next door. Hurrrry upp pleeasee dancedroid

Get the latest firmware for your router and install. There are a couple of changes I made to my software in the router that I got from here but don't remember what. They didn't seem to help but could have as what finally worked was: Pull the battery while it is running, wait a minute, reinstall battery and that is what finally worked for me.

OP
DarkJeckyll

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score

Get the latest firmware for your router and install. There are a couple of changes I made to my software in the router that I got from here but don't remember what. They didn't seem to help but could have as what finally worked was: Pull the battery while it is running, wait a minute, reinstall battery and that is what finally worked for me.

Thanks for the advice ill try it and see what I get.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Few seem to have realized this yet, but the update for the D2 adds stuff the X can already do, feature wise. The X has a whole different set of problems to address.

Here's what it is:

Get the most out of
your DROID 2 by Motorola.
SOFTWARE UPDATE
Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements. Verizon Wireless
is pleased to announce a new software update for your Droid 2 by Motorola.
The Motorola® (Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US/BP_C_01.09.07P.) update includes
numerous enhancements and improvements.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola encourage you to download
this update.
Improvements:
+ Improved battery life.
+ Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster
screen response.
+ View the Weather widget in both landscape and
portrait orientation.
+ Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better
notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
+ Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better
user experience.
+ Support for email domain suffixes containing more than
three characters.
+ Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
+ Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
+ Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
+ Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application
with ease.
+ Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
+ Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
Enhancements:
+ New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
+ Export all your contacts to the SD card.
Droid 2 by Motorola
+ View details of Social Networking contacts.
+ VZ Navigator® is now preloaded on device.
For step-by-step instructions on how
to perform the download, please visit
verizonwireless.com/droid2support.

ryan4h

Reaction score
I have no issues with wifi at all. My issue post 2.2 is the text looking choppy when scrolling (usually happens in the apps drawer or in contacts). Definitely only started happening post 2.2.

Shelooga

Reaction score
When i first got my X it had 2.1 connected to my wifi perfectly fine. Now with 2.2 it does the notorious connected/disconnect over and over. Its not the router it may be the type of router but nothing is wrong with the router.

i noticed this when i got my dx coming from d. it makes no sense, and i dont know why, but i switched my router off and on and then my dx connected. never had a problem since

ltmcgill

Reaction score
I am having the Wifi issues.
The issues with Wifi seem to be when you are using a router that is Wireless N and you are running it in N and G mode. I have temprorarily backed my router down to G only so that my G devices can connect to it and this has solved the connection issues with my DroidX but I would rather be connecting on N. So maybe that's why others are not having the issues. Maybe they are running either in all N mode or all G mode.
I have a D-Link DGL-4500 router. Maybe someone should start a thread and for the people having Wifi issues and have everyone post the make and model of their router, the settings they are using, etc.