D2 screen flip

brsmith23

Reaction score
I've had my d2 for a total of less than 24 hours so far but its been actin funky by flippin the screen in the opposite direction of the slide out keyboard. Also there's no slyde preinstalled for the keyboard which made me mad.

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
Hi Brsmith23:

I don't think your phone is doing anything out of the ordinary. Under settings/display - I have auto-rotate checked. The display will rotate depending on how I'm holding my phone, except for upside down. This is perfectly normal.

What do you mean when you say there is no slyde preinstalled for the keyboard?

Good luck!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Do you mean Swype? Go to settings>Language and Keyboard> see if you see swype in there, it may need to be checkmarked, and uncheck the android keyboard.

AmericanJambo

Reaction score
My phone has stopped auto rotating unless I'm viewing pictures. Auto rotate is checked. So if I'm on the home screen and the keyboard is not slid out the screen won't rotate. Any ideas?

wkearney99

Reaction score
I've had it get 'stuck' in portrait mode for the Home screens, even while the browser and other apps are in landscape mode. I also tried using a rotate widget to force it and it would not work on the Home screen. It looked like it was trying to rotate but came immediately back to the portrait. A full power off and reboot does not cure this problem.

Sugrat

Reaction score
I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent update? I don't remember if it had stopped working before the update or not?