D2 ROM Showdown

SpaZZoiD

Reaction score
I'm prob the only one who is still using liberty 1.5!!??
I'm running it with adw launcher ex and have been using this set up for about 6 months or more. Stable, great batt life (I do have extended batt tho) and just plain works!!!!!
Is anyones else still rockin the ol'school 1.5???
And what's the big diff's going from 1.5 to 2.0?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

tb110895

Reaction score
I'm prob the only one who is still using liberty 1.5!!??
I'm running it with adw launcher ex and have been using this set up for about 6 months or more. Stable, great batt life (I do have extended batt tho) and just plain works!!!!!
Is anyones else still rockin the ol'school 1.5???
And what's the big diff's going from 1.5 to 2.0?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

WHATTTT? 1.5!? 2.0 doesn't have many changes. New themes, new default theme, built in tweaks for amazing battery life, and some other stuff.

But really, Get on gingerbread already! Try MIUI or CM7, or Liquid Gingerbread. Those are the new big ones and they're amazing. Running MIUI currently and its spectacular. CM7 has some GREAT stuff too. So many built in things that make your life easier. They're "True custom ROM's" whereas others are very toned down modded versions of blur.

CM7 is very much like Liberty 1.5/2.0 with its stock android look and feel with lots more built in. And you can use the liberty toolbox with it too :)

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want true change, you should try MIUI. It's completely different, and while I'm not fond of change, I'm really enjoying MIUI.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
man decisions decisions.. Ive been clinging to Apex RC2 for a few months, and its been ossm! Time to try either cm7 or MIUI though :D Some pros I realized form this thread though: CM7 has massive an active support, nightly releases as opposed to random monthlies and then not @ all's makes me kinda wanna join :p MIUI looks so different form anything I have ever used on an android device though so i think just simply because of that I will try it before cm7 :D

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you, you'll love cm7. Miui is awesome too. It was just not my cup at the moment. I'd try them both. My home is cm7 because it just.... makes me happy.

CM74D2

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I was on MIUI for a couple weeks....loved it :) especially how you could customize individual UIs. Still a battery hog though. I just got my extended battery so I'm running CM7 now, then I'll go back to MIUI after the .82 update.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
yeah i am frantically downloading a bunch of files tonight for cm7 / and MIUI to use 2morrow.. as far as batt drama, I don't care, I rotate 4 oem batts with an ext ac charger, never leave home without @ least 2 batts :p i was thinking of doing MIUI first thing in the morning but there seems to be some drama on last rls, and I see friday is their rls day, so ill prob do the most current cm7 nightly first, im on apex so ill have to sbf anyways. Mad props to fabulous for his apex rom, srsly I haven't sbf'd in forever, im gonna have to find another tut for doing it on linux cuz i srsly forgot, haven't had to sbf since using apex :p seemed like for a while after the intial TBH monster 2.3.3 leak i was tweaking/SBF almost every other day lmao.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
TBH released a 2.3.20.zip file so you won't have to use a computer. Just flash the zip like a rom, ignore radio update fail and reboot.....presto! You're back on froyo stock.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk