D2 Power cables

Barristro

Reaction score
Does anyone know how interchangeable the power adapter is with other usb devices?

I had left my usb cable at the office and tried to charge the phone with the power adapter to my bluetooth headset. My phone didn't seem to like this (the led kept flashing and the phone said (I think) that it was charged). No damage, but I think that adapter wasn't powerful enough.

Anyone know if that is the case?
Would using the D2 outlet adapter on another device destroy that device?

wkearney99

Reaction score
I would imagine that a BT headset charger wouldn't have enough power to charge a phone. Don't think it'd damage either the headset or the charger though.

That and some cheap USB chargers don't supply much wattage. I've got one that I think only supplies 500ma (as little as what many laptop USB ports supply). Pretty lame for a charger. Wouldn't really charge the droid very quickly, and definitely wouldn't charge my iPod or the wife's Blackberry. Tossed it and ordered a dual-port Scosche unit with 2.1A and 1A ports on it.

pulptastic

Reaction score
I would imagine that a BT headset charger wouldn't have enough power to charge a phone. Don't think it'd damage either the headset or the charger though.

That and some cheap USB chargers don't supply much wattage. I've got one that I think only supplies 500ma (as little as what many laptop USB ports supply). Pretty lame for a charger. Wouldn't really charge the droid very quickly, and definitely wouldn't charge my iPod or the wife's Blackberry. Tossed it and ordered a dual-port Scosche unit with 2.1A and 1A ports on it.

Did you ever get this charger? I am looking to buy a car charger and I am curious if the 2.1A port will charge the D2 any faster (or at least as fast as the AC charger at home).

Polymira

Reaction score

Did you ever get this charger? I am looking to buy a car charger and I am curious if the 2.1A port will charge the D2 any faster (or at least as fast as the AC charger at home).

The motorola rapid charger Which you can find on Amazon is less then $7 and charges as fast as the ac adapter that ships with the droid 2.

metroplex

Reaction score
The Droid2 has a micro USB port. Is this the same port as the micro USB ports on other phones like BlackBerry?

I keep seeing two different chargers for sale. I need to know so I can just buy a micro USB cable and an additional 1A/5V wall charger with a standard USB port.

metroplex

Reaction score
I ordered that charger from Amazon. $5 and change is awesome. Verizon tried to sell me a charger for $30.

If you're looking for a dual USB port car charger, make sure each port is capable of providing 1000 mA / 1A at 5V, otherwise it may take forever to charge your phones.

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Is there somewhere to get an extended d2 charger?The cable is so short it drives me crazy most times because I have to be adjacent to an outlet.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there somewhere to get an extended d2 charger?The cable is so short it drives me crazy most times because I have to be adjacent to an outlet.

Car charger or AC?

I cant help you with a longer car charger, but I use a Blackberry charger with my Droid -- it's got a 5+ ft cable and works like a dream

metroplex

Reaction score
The standard micro USB - B cord works fine for me. I bought a bunch of $0.99 micro USB B cords from a Hong Kong seller on eBay, they all charge my Droid2 perfectly.