D2 or DX

Rishi P

Reaction score
i'm possibly looking to switch to the D2 from DX because of the poor battery life on the X and also because I just cannot get used to this touch screen keyboard as my old phone had a physical keyboard....any thoughts on that?

If you type a lot and can't get used to the touch screen keyboard (and tried swype and/or other 3rd party keyboard layouts), the D2 sounds like the way to go.

As for poor battery life of the DX, I can see it in part due to the larger DX screen --- maybe. Maybe, the DX does take a little bit more juice. However, given the similarities in hardware, I expect that the D2 will have a very similar battery life to the DX (i.e., you need to practice power management to keep the battery drain in check).

For me, I personally don't want to go back to a 3.7" screen after using a 4.3". I definitely could go with a 4" display though. Pity the Samsung Fascinate isn't out yet.

Thanks for the reply, I feel like no one replies back to me here lol....Do you suggest any other keyboards for the Droid X....because I do feel I can type much faster with an actualy keybaord as I used to have teh Envy 2 prior to the X and relied heavily on the keyboard....thanks

I'm trying every option out on the X before I choose to switch to the D2....also another thing since you seem knowledgeable about the X....how do I get my phone to go to sleep? I've been asking this question in other threads and I think this is the main reason why my battery drains so fast according to the Battery Meter app

Guyute

Reaction score
X vs 2 is really pointless.

It comes down to ONE thing.

Do you want a REAL Keyboard with a smaller screen or a Virtual Keyboard with a larger screen. That to me is the only "real" difference.

I choose X because I like the Virtual touchscreen and have no desire for a keyboard.

There are two very "real" differences, HDMI output and shooting HD video on the X. If those aren't real differences I don't know what a real difference would be. I might agree that the keyboard is the "main" difference.

dragozoid

Reaction score
I prefer the X because of the 4.3" screen without a slider-keyboard. The rumored Pro is supposed to have a smaller screen with a slider-keyboard so I think the X is the way to go.

404-not found

Reaction score
I'm clumsy with both real and virtual keyboards on phones. I've used blackberry, Iphone, LG Ally and now a DX with Swype. I'm now a happy camper.