D2 needs a sync option for FB

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Once you install the facebook app it should auto sync, if that doesn't work, go to accounts>add account> click facebook, put in your e-mail and pass and all of a sudden it should download, if you have a ton of contacts like me I used my wifi. If that doesn't work let me know I have my phone here and go back threw the entire process by removing mine and re-adding them.

Yeah, that process configures social networking, which is what I don't want to do because it kills my battery. Thanks for the help though.

Just sync it for the first time to get the contacts and pics from FB. Then turn off backgound data.

Have you drained your battery and charged it back up 3 times yet? When I first got my phone I drained the battery down to when the phone shut it's self off and charged it all the way back to full 3 times....

Tip for your battery life: Go to Data Manager>Data Delivery>Background Data and uncheck or turn that off, then back out to the main settings and go to Wireless & Networks>Wi-Fi Settings>Manage Networks(at the bottem) and then hit the botten to the left of the home screen button it will pop up a menu with two options "Scan" & "Advanced" click Advanced and go to Wi-Fi sleep policy choose "Never" that saved a ton of bettery life for me. I did try the whole keeping the screen on the lowest and only using auto-bright outside but that bothered me and i saw no difference.. also make sure your battery is on Nighttime Saver mode, it's the best. I get 2 days of normal use before I have to charge it and about 20-22 hours on heavy web-surfing/u-tube/facebook/text and playing blackjack/air hockey lol.

Hope that helps some.

OP
Mr.Droid2

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
It won't sync all my contact pix, it only did like 30

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Have you done a factory reset yet? I'd try that, use backup assist to save contacts and google should sync your apps back so wont take all day, that might cure the issue.

Reaction score
i have contacts from fb that i dont want and it wont let me delete them unless i remove them as a friend

authority11

Reaction score
I actually am having the same problem. I don't see any sync function for my contacts like I did with FB on my D1. What's the deal?

David Dowling

Reaction score
Status synch

My friend has a D1 and his contacts display their respective FB status, however I can't seem to make mine do so. It shows their FB pics, but will not display status info. He seems to have an extra option under his FB app settings page that I don't have on my D2.

OP
Mr.Droid2

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
My friend has a D1 and his contacts display their respective FB status, however I can't seem to make mine do so. It shows their FB pics, but will not display status info. He seems to have an extra option under his FB app settings page that I don't have on my D2.

Yup that's true. So we can't really sync contacts. Only way is to delete the app and then install it. And it will be up to date

David Dowling

Reaction score
I noticed last night from my contacts folder that there are 3 circles in te upper right corner and a red ball in one of them. Sliding it to the left showed my contacts in a FB view that displayed their status. You can also swipe right and find history for calls etc.