D2 MIUI users

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I was wondering why there is not a lot of D2 users that are running the MIUI rom? I have been running it since I first flashed my first rom and love it. I have tried a few others using Boot Manager, but always have used MIUI as my main rom.

jas2

Reaction score
I use miui on my Droid 2. I am currently running beans most recent miui Droid x rom because it seems to get better battery life than the d2 version at his time. Battery life seems to improve with each build, however.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using DroidForums

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Running DX build on D2? Didn't know you could do that. I am running his builds from MIUI.us site. The GB build is my phone rom and have V4 in a slot. Had it running today and looks pretty good, but still a few bugs to work out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

hensonlf

Reaction score
Hey Rick,

How did setup up Boot Manager to run MIUI v4. I am using the free version and have had no luck. I'm using MIUI Defx 2012.3.23 as the phone ROM and tried loading v4 into a slot. It installs fine but when I try to boot it just hangs up after the boot logo. No boot animation or anything. I have already had to SBF the ol phone this weekend learning what not to do.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Hey Rick,

How did setup up Boot Manager to run MIUI v4. I am using the free version and have had no luck. I'm using MIUI Defx 2012.3.23 as the phone ROM and tried loading v4 into a slot. It installs fine but when I try to boot it just hangs up after the boot logo. No boot animation or anything. I have already had to SBF the ol phone this weekend learning what not to do.

Are you using the same builds I have? The Defx is phone rom and V4 in slot 1. I think I may had trouble also but have found when you have trouble, running Fix Permissions in Rom Manager seems to help ( do it while in Defx, before booting to slot rom ). I also think the first boot to V4 took a little while but was fine after that. I was running V4 all day yesterday checking it out and today was back on Defx.I am using the Boot Manager Pro version. Don't know that it makes a difference, but I thought I would support the devs for making a great app to try different roms.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Oh, forgot. Load the V4 build on your sd card, then run Fix Permissions before installing to slot rom spot in BM. Maybe that is how I did it. You shouldn't have to sbf if it hangs up. Pull battery, restart in CWR and load phone rom zip from BM and reboot. I have picked up a few things searching the BM forum.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Ok, just downloaded the new build and having problems loading it as slot rom. When I figure it out, I will let you know.

hensonlf

Reaction score
Good deal. I installed the latest v4 and did a nandroid of it and will try using that in boot manager. I'll let ya know if it works.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

hensonlf

Reaction score
Well great...tried it using a nandroid of v4 and not my phone is stuck at the red M boot logo. I can't seem to get to CWM but was able to get to stock recovery, did a wipe and rebooted but still hanging on the red M. I hope another SBF is not in the near future.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Well great...tried it using a nandroid of v4 and not my phone is stuck at the red M boot logo. I can't seem to get to CWM but was able to get to stock recovery, did a wipe and rebooted but still hanging on the red M. I hope another SBF is not in the near future.
If it hangs up,do this:
Pull battery, then reinstall
Power up and it will go into CWR
Chose install zip from sd
Chose Boot Manager
Chose Phone rom
Yes,install
and go back and reboot.
This will get you back to your phone rom. It is a fail safe built into BM.

hensonlf

Reaction score
No luck man. It just hangs on the boot logo. I guess Boot Manager is not liking the latest release of MIUI v4. Can't get into CWM only stock. Tried wiped data and cache from there and rebooting and still no luck. Luckily, I made a EZsbf disc last night so I should be able to SBF,root, and reinstall MIUI Defx, and then restore my backup.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I think the new build is buggy. Have the new one in slot 1 and won't work. Loaded the previous build in slot 2 and it works. Must be something changed in the new build.

I posted to MIUI.us to let beans know.

hensonlf

Reaction score
I think the new build is buggy. Have the new one in slot 1 and won't work. Loaded the previous build in slot 2 and it works. Must be something changed in the new build.I posted to MIUI.us to let beans know.
Good deal. Thanks!

Droid 51

Reaction score
I have a question for some reason when I try to text or do anything where I turn my phone sideways and type on my virtual keyboard it wont flip unless I slide out my keyboard does anyone have a fix

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I have a question for some reason when I try to text or do anything where I turn my phone sideways and type on my virtual keyboard it wont flip unless I slide out my keyboard does anyone have a fix

I have the display setting set to auto-rotate, I assume you checked that. My texts and forums will rotate, but the main screens will not. I also noticed the contacts list won't rotate. No big deal to me the few things that don't.