D2 like DX?

chefjellynow

Reaction score
hi, i have a DX rooted themed ect... my wife has a D2 and I was just wondering if the z4 root will work flawlessly on hers as did mine. Also what is the most recent GB for flash for the D2?

any help appreciated

thanks

gunz.jones

Reaction score
D2 will still use z4root for sure. I think build .595 is the base rom i've seen on d2 builds. OTA came out on a holiday weekend, haven't seen too many posts from dev's on the new build, could have missed them though.

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
D2 will still use z4root for sure. I think build .595 is the base rom i've seen on d2 builds. OTA came out on a holiday weekend, haven't seen too many posts from dev's on the new build, could have missed them though.

great, thanks gunz.

so D2 is getting an OTA also? I just checked my wifes D2 and still up to date on the update tab. same update as DX?

tyvm

gunz.jones

Reaction score
D2, d2g and pro are all slated for gb ota by the end of september going by the normal calendar instead of fiscal. Might be sooner if vzw plays nice with moto on their "approved" builds they should have completed....

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I would avoid flashing gb at this point for the d2. The benefits of gb don't justify the bugs in my opinion. Gingerbread is a minor update and is actually a little more hardware intensive. Just wait for the official release, you are not missing out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I jumped to the leak and that was awesome in itself, but then I flashed liberty gb 0.7 and its truly night and day. The bugs are minimal and its just great. Smoithee, faster and much nicer ui and animations. Its worth it, but to each his/her own ;)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

tomatofoot

Reaction score
I may be new to this, but what does root and flash mean? I got a droid 2 global running 2.2 and all this talk about gingerbread has my intrest, im just not as tech savvy as everyone else. So can someone please speak layman terms to the new guy?!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please don't take offense to this but there are literally hundreds of threads discussing root and roms. Do some searching first. If you Are not satisfied, I'd be happy to walk you through it.
Root =superuser permissions on your device, which gives you full control.
Flash = the process of installing a file in a recovery (custom or otherwise). An example of this would be putting a new rom on your phone (you would "flash" the rom) wish I could help more but im busy at the moment

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I would avoid flashing gb at this point for the d2. The benefits of gb don't justify the bugs in my opinion. Gingerbread is a minor update and is actually a little more hardware intensive. Just wait for the official release, you are not missing out.

Maybe you should just try a different GB ROM.
Liberty v.6/7 (I think I wanna try Zombiestomped though) are both very fast and stable. I have not ran into very many bugs at all.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running liberty 0.7. It runs great. I also just dl the zombiestomped files yesterday. I'd like to try it as well. The themes look better than those available for the d2 (which are none i believe!)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

I agree 100%. With my droid 2, I never could seem to stay away from gummyjar 2.5 for more than a day or so, which is obviously a froyo rom. However, im sure once the OTA arrives, just about all of the bugs will be taken care of.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I completely disagree. ZS is awesome. I used Fission, and ZS smashes Fission as far as daily use. I like that GV doesn't lag on ZS at all, where it's always lagged with Froyo ROM's.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums