D2 Keeps Restarting

BlueMagicSS

Reaction score
I installed the GummyJar 2.5 on my D2 and then installed the watermark 2.5 theme onto it and for some reason the phone keeps resetting itself. It has reset itself at least twice in the last ten minutes. Has anyone had this problem besides me? It has been doing so since I installed the ROM. What is causing this? and should I just reinstall my back-up? Thanks.

Matt

OP
B

BlueMagicSS

Reaction score
Yes, I mounted the system when I installed the ROM. I'm thinking that it's the theme, because I don't remember seeing it reset before. Just trying to figure out how to install a new theme to see if it is or isnt.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I installed the GummyJar 2.5 on my D2 and then installed the watermark 2.5 theme onto it and for some reason the phone keeps resetting itself. It has reset itself at least twice in the last ten minutes. Has anyone had this problem besides me? It has been doing so since I installed the ROM. What is causing this? and should I just reinstall my back-up? Thanks.

Matt

Might have had a bad install?

Try getting the 2.5 GummyJar file again and reinstall with a full wipe. Also make sure to mount system and data.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You'll need to flash the stock ROM again. I'm in agreement that it was probably a bad dl'd. How did you dl'd the theme?

How do you remove a theme? or install a new one?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Matt

Have slacker radio installed? Has cause my droid x (basically same software) to reboot every day.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dwmackay

Reaction score
I have a similar problem with no theme installed. My D2 seems to peridocally reboot. It is always when somehting happens,; I turn on bluetooth, drop it in the car dock, backlight times out etc... It is randon, but it seems like something has to happen to make it reboot. Only happens every couple of days.

Doug M.

OP
B

BlueMagicSS

Reaction score
Well I installed my back-up and then tried to flash another download of Gummy 2.5 since maybe the DL was bad, and I got some error and now my phone is bricked. :icon_eek:

dwmackay

Reaction score
Well I installed my back-up and then tried to flash another download of Gummy 2.5 since maybe the DL was bad, and I got some error and now my phone is bricked. :icon_eek:

Hopefully not. Can you get to bootloader?

Doug M.

OP
B

BlueMagicSS

Reaction score
Yeah, but now my battery is low and I'm not sure if it will charge but I can try.

Edit: I plugged it in to the USB on my computer and it says OK to program

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Turn your phone off until your ready to SBF so you'll have enough juice.

OP
B

BlueMagicSS

Reaction score
Well I did an SBF on my D2 and got it working again, even though I had recieved my replacement from VZW. Thanks for the help.