D2 Gingerbread Rooted

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
well I tried to install this and now I think I might be screwed. It just hangs with Liberty showing. If I pull battery and hold "x" down then I get Android with exclamation point....if hit volume up and volume down nothing happens.

Am I screwed? I tried reconnecting to RSDLight but now it doesn't see my phone.

tt8698

Reaction score
Did you sbf before coming from liberty? Otherwise sbf back to stock and then go through the process again.

When you get to the android with! Its the up key on the qwerty
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

tt8698

Reaction score
If you hold just the up key on the keyboard it'll get you into the bootloader, I personally use ubuntu to sbf because its 10 times easier not sure about rsdlite

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok....got into Bootloader D2.37....

Says
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

what do I do now?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
another update.....I am now running Gingerbread. So question....I just install the deodexed over the top of this from TBH?

knivesout

Reaction score
I think so. I would check the thread over at MDW, it looked like some people had some FC issues.

thebird36

Reaction score
is the notification led working for anyone? if so does anyone have a fix for it? i miss it dearly lol

fishaholic

Reaction score
is the notification led working for anyone? if so does anyone have a fix for it? i miss it dearly lol

i havent had a problem with it.... works great like it always has.

try to re-flash the rom and wipe before you do so.. for deodexed version

(if its the odexed version idk, wipes f'ed everything up lol)

ath2424

Reaction score
ok my D2 is currently rooted and i'm running apex 1.4.1. can i just install GB over top of it? or is it the same as flashing a new ROM where i have to wipe and what not?

Dennelly

Reaction score
ok only issue I have with GB is:

1. Can't get the 3g with quick settings or juice defender or any other 3g widget. Only way I can get it off is to manually do it.

mkw87

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to turn their screen off while using Navigation in Google Maps?

I had it happen today, drained my battery sooo fast using GPS, 3G, and screen on. I would turn the screen off and it would instantly turn back on. Never had it happen except with this ROM.

Also when I come out of airplane mode and I'm roaming it gives me a popup saying I'm roaming on international network....I'm at least 8 hours inland from the nearest coast too.

Last edited: