D2 Gingerbread Rooted

leakim13

Reaction score
installing now....

just SBFed for the first time ever.... lol a lil confused by the original froyo as its been so long since i have seen it haha i rooted this bad boy 20 min after getting it lol

fishaholic

Reaction score
im going to try a flash here, will post some screenies if it works! (posted screenshots in another thread, dont want to clutter this one up lol)

UPDATE: I came from Liberty 1.5, wiped cache and date in CW recovery BEFORE INSTALL OF ZIP IF YOU DONT DO THIS YOU WILL BOOTLOOP!!! (or so I read lol)

apps are updating now, add its offical that file IS ROOTED!

Last edited:

distvox

Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Can I flash back to my rooted stock backup and then flash the gb? Or do I have to sbf to complete stock? If I have to do that, then how do you flash on an unrooted phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hond2

Reaction score
Worked great for me installing from liberty 1.5. To answer prior post, you only need to SBF if you are already running the unrooted Gingerbread leak. You need to be back in Froyo rooted with bootstrap to flash either GB update.

Sent from my Gingerbread DROID2 using DroidForums

snaple

Reaction score
Yeah, not that quadrant really matters but I too got near 1700 scores on quadrant...

But that's not good enough. Has anyone gotten OC to work yet? I loaded up droid overclock but there is no OC module installed so i don't think I know how to make it work.

Any guesses on how to get OC to work?

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
same issue here with droid overclock...i assume it's due to the app not being updated for GB yet. would some of the scripts from say squidly's work be able to overclock this? i really have no idea but i would be up for trying anything. blur looks great but i need OC to make my phone to where it should be

snaple

Reaction score
I can CONFIRM: ad-block script works from Droid Overclock though. Woo!

fishaholic

Reaction score
agreed, Jrummys OC app for the droid 2 not working.... i ran fix permissions and tried to uninstall and re install, still no go... Proab not formated for the 2.3.3

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ya ad blocking and edits to the build.prop work just no overclock as of yet. Anyone have any ideas? Also has anyone lowered their LCD density yet? If so is your notification drop down messed up now? The background on mine is too short now and really annoying...

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Let me get this right.....

This version comes rooted, or does it just give you the ability to root with say z4root, etc...?

I gotta know, wanna try GB out already...lol!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

snaple

Reaction score
Let me get this right.....

This version comes rooted, or does it just give you the ability to root with say z4root, etc...?

I gotta know, wanna try GB out already...lol!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Comes rooted. On first boot you'll already have root.