D1 vs D2 on Droid Forums

marsha12151

Reaction score
As a Droid 1 user, I really loved this site. As a Droid 2 user, I am confused!

Since the D2 has been rooted, I have tried to find themes as well as ROMs and other rooted things. I have looked in the D2 section (seemed logical to me). But I find a lot of moderator work saying to move this and that to the Droid forum as it is for both. Same is true for Stock apps - they are different.

So all TWO of the D2 ROMS are mixed in with 50 D1 ROMS and the ONE D2 theme is now mixed with the hundreds of D1 themes. I will never be able to find new work as you have to search through every ROM developer to find new work, same with themes.

Please, may I suggest that we do keep them separate? I know that Droid Forums is for all droids but it is really to confusing. Am I the only one????

Thanks for looking at this and seeing what you can do.

pyro6128

Reaction score
theres already a seperate droid 2 forum complete with different subsections, roms being one of them. Not sure what else they could do

OP
marsha12151

marsha12151

Reaction score
I believe if you look at it, you can announce your new ROM there but any discussion or download has to be in the main site.

Erik started out there with his ROM and got pushed back to main forum. He can announce the second version but only link back to the main version.

I may be out in left field here and if I am, it will not be the first time. I really appreciated the D2 section (still do) but am having a hard time with it.

Not a real problem as I have decided that the D2 stock is just fine and am using the 928 black glass theme.

Thanks for trying.