D1 User looking for a GB ROM without mucked up Audio

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by brakeb, Apr 1, 2011.

1. brakeb

brakeb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The title says it all. I've got a D1, and have been happily using CM6.1.2 since it came out. Since Gingerbread was release, with it's mangled AAC+ support, I've not been able to upgrade to CM 7 nightlies or the latest RC4. I listen to streaming audio on my phone (as I live in an area with horrible radio stations. I listen to a station out of San Diego (FM 94/9 KBZT) using this link: http://edgev1.den.echo.liquidcompass.net/KBZTFMAAC and using XiiaLIve (formerly DroidLive), it work spectacularly... Until Gingerbread messed up the audio framework. I tried using other streaming apps (A Online Radio, RadioTime) but RadioTIme is utter crap (cuts out on a wi-fi connection), and A Online Radio is decent streaming in the car, but has very little buffering. So what I need is a Gingerbread ROM with a working Audio Framework. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  2. DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I use ChevyNo1 SS_GBv5.2 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/135445-rom-ss-5-2-gb-2-3-3-3-24-11-a.html and haven't had a problem with audio yet........I think this is your best bet but that just my opinion....happy hunting :gotmyvote:

3. brakeb

brakeb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, you don't know you have a problem. I still have same issue in CM7 that I have with your ChevyNo1. Streaming AAC audio does not work. While it looks nice (with the exception of the default background), and the fact I can't get the dB of the signal instead of bars (which plagued CM7 as well), I could see this replacing CM7 for me. All I need is someone to add proper audio framework, and I'd be set... I haven't tried wireless tethering yet, but the streaming audio is a killer for me to upgrade to Gingerbread. I either have to wait for the app I use to update to include the necessary libraries, or someone goes in and fixes the audio framework to fix the messed up audio. Of those options, option 1 is probably the most likely, since audio does not appear to be a big priority for creators of these.

I will say that 'SS' is blindlingly fast. Haven't checked the battery yet. And i'll give it more testing on my droid once the app updates. But I'll have to go back to CM 6.1.2.

Thanks for the input and showing me a really nice Mod.

Bryan

4. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    +1 on the SS 5.2!!! Also, have you checked Iheart radio? I don't know if it has that station, but its worth a shot. I love the app!

5. brakeb

brakeb New Member

Ratings:
    +0

IHeartRadio is the Clear Channel App... only Clear Channel Radio Stations can be found on it. I don't like Clear Channel for their business practices, and I won't listen to their stations, which sucks because the majority of stations here in Austin are Clear Channel owned, and if they aren't, they are talk/jesus stations, which suck for a different reason. I would use RadioTime, and bought a copy of the Pro version, but it cuts out even on Wi-fi. I do use it to listen to San Diego Chargers games (ESPN affliate out of Bakersfield), but even it will cut out after a while, and the RadioTime app will not fully terminate, even running ATK. It sticks around in the statusbar and I can't get rid of it.

I use XiiaLive probably 12 hours a day, and in my car, I can stream Internet radio from anywhere using the SYNC in my car. I get maybe one cutout when I go into a valley for a few seconds... It's a great app, but they've been really slow updating to all for the ffmpeg libraries that will allow all audio formats to be streamed (asx, wma, aac, mp3, etc)

Search tags for this page

fastest rom 2.3.3 d1