D1 rollback?

gmilliken

Reaction score
so i know when other update versions have come up sometimes there is talk of rolling back to get root again, but for the most recent update to the D1 i havnt been able to find anything. i rooted my droid with z4root and everything is great, but now my brother wants to root as well. but z4 doesnt seem to be working because he is updated to stock 2.2.1 so i was wondering if there was a way to roll his phone back to 2.2 so that he could use z4 on it.

thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There is, but have you looked at link two in my signature? That still works on FRG83D, and it provides a custom recovery image for lovely one-stop shopping. If all you want is root access (no custom ROMs or whatever), then you can use superoneclick. I can provide a link if needed.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I recommend the guide route/manual way...especially if its your first root, so you can both be aware of what "root" actually is. Better for you, and easier on us. ;)

There is, but have you looked at link two in my signature? That still works on FRG83D, and it provides a custom recovery image for lovely one-stop shopping. If all you want is root access (no custom ROMs or whatever), then you can use superoneclick. I can provide a link if needed.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
G

gmilliken

Reaction score
i looked at superoneclick, but we dont have a windows, and i know the manual way is more trustworthy and better overall, but all we want to do is overclock using setcpu and maybe flash an occasional rom. i rooted using z4 before the update and im now using sprecovery and flashing roms with no problem, so i was just looking for a way to achieve the convenience that i had with z4

OP
G

gmilliken

Reaction score
Manual way? You mean through terminal? That won't work on a D1.

superoneclick is supposed to have a mac version.

sorry, i dont know what to call it, but the way in your signature, its windows only right? and superoneclick might have a mac version and i missed it, ill double check.

Install the 22D Master OTA file through stock recovery, then root with z4, then put up with annoying nag update messages.

this sounds more like what i want to do. where could i get the 22D Master OTA file? and also im not sure what you mean about annoying nag update messages? cause i rooted when i was on 2.2 and have never gotten an update message for 2.2.1

OP
G

gmilliken

Reaction score
so i looked at superoneclick and if you install mono it works, and im sure that would work fine, but id just rather stay with what im familiar with

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
G

gmilliken

Reaction score
ok so im assuming if that file doesnt work then we can battery pull and it will be fine? cause i dont want to break his phone

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
If it doesn't work you'll get some kind of error -- if it installs but then your phone bootloops you'll need to do a full wipe in recovery.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 70% BATTERY TO FLASH THE FILE. :)