D1 not supported by Google Music???

jchammer123

Reaction score
Is the D1 not supported by Google Music? Every time I try and download it, I get "package file was not signed correctly". When I tried to search for a reason, all I can find is a site that says, if you get this error, it means your device is not supported.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you rooted? If so you have to delete the previous app, and the stock music app from /system I believe. I'm about 90% on this, I read it somewhere last night.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Thanks, you're always quick to reply!

I am rooted. I don't have the previous app. I'll try and delete the original music app and see what happens.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Fwiw, I deleted the previous google music app I had and not the stock music app and it works for me. The odd thing was I downloaded it from the online market and when I tried to run it, it just force closed. I uninstalled it then downloaded it from the market on my phone and it works.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Well I just tried to delete the stock music app and install it from the market, and now I get "app already exists". I've looked all through my phone and can't find it anywhere. I know I didn't download the previous version of Google Music.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Just to make sure, it wasn't in data/app or system/app? Does it show up when you got to settings/applications/all? Did you try restarting your phone after deleting it and before you reinstalled it?

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
When I deleted it, it was in system/app. I have gone back to double and triple check to make sure its not in data/app or system/app. I just tried rebooting my phone when I saw your post, and I still get the same error. I doubt this matters but, I'm running Liquid GB 3.1. I know there's an option to switch between music players so I tried to find the alternate .apk.bak and couldn't find it.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
Also, it does not show up in settings/apps/all.