D1-MIUI User Guide. Please read before posting UI related Questions

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Sorry for asking a Noob question but how do I install either the Chevy or Slayer kernels.
I know just enough to be dangerous. Actually, I am trying to up my game despite having a full time job and 3 kids. Currently on a short layover in NJ and trying to use present free time to try one of the kernels. What I am using presently:

D1
0.12.3.2 update
miui backup

Obvious, but yes, phone is rooted!

SubAtomic Ass Particles!!:rofl3:
Copy to root of SD card
Boot into recovery
Make a system backup
DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING
install zip from SD card
reboot

bpassino

Reaction score
This ROM is really slick. Thank you. However, i do have one problem. several apps no longer show up in my market:

tv.com
diagnasaurus - paid
pocket first aid - paid
tmz
E! online
Discovery channel
CBS by CBS interactive.

I always start clean so i don't backup my apps. Any idea how I might get them back. I suppose i could try titanium backup for those apps and back them up after restoring my rom manager backup and then restore them to this rom. However, I would rather have them just show up in the market in the first place. Thank you

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
This ROM is really slick. Thank you. However, i do have one problem. several apps no longer show up in my market:

tv.com
diagnasaurus - paid
pocket first aid - paid
tmz
E! online
Discovery channel
CBS by CBS interactive.

I always start clean so i don't backup my apps. Any idea how I might get them back. I suppose i could try titanium backup for those apps and back them up after restoring my rom manager backup and then restore them to this rom. However, I would rather have them just show up in the market in the first place. Thank you

Sorry to hear that. You can hunt around in the 0.12.11.0 thread and see if anyone has a fix, but I don't think so. If you run 0.12.3.0 (which is awesome)you shouldn't have these problems. Hopefully it will get addressed in the next release. You could always go the tibu or MIUI backup route.

Reaction score
hoppermi,

Do I rename kernel download, "update.zip" like ROM updates?

SAP

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
hoppermi,

Do I rename kernel download, "update.zip" like ROM updates?

SAP

If you are using SP Recovery you always have to rename zip.
If you are using clockworkmod recovery no rename is nessesary. Simply select install zip from sd card, select the kernel, and select yes

Reaction score
hoppermi,

Ez Peezee, nice and sleazy! Completed using 1.1Ghz med. Will try low and ulow later.

Did I mention, "You da man!!!!"

Thank you,

SAP

JonCor2577

Reaction score
Is there anyway to answer the phone besides sliding down on the screen? occasionally I miss a call because it won't swipe far enough down. (I try multiple times while its ringing)

nsackman22

Reaction score
Is this option available anywhere?

"Power button ends call"

cap201006051705.jpg

gary73

Reaction score
Teds app answers with camera. Button

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Is this option available anywhere?

"Power button ends call"

Not in MIUI. There may be an app you can use to add it, though.

cap201006051705.jpg

Is there anyway to answer the phone besides sliding down on the screen? occasionally I miss a call because it won't swipe far enough down. (I try multiple times while its ringing)

When the screen is on you get a button. But if the screen is off when you get the call, you have to swipe.
There may also be an app that could change this, but it will probably replace the entire dialer UI.

BodyMarks

Reaction score
Thank you for this user guide, really appreciate all your hard work. The rom is my absolute favorite, even better then cyanogen. Lots of fun!

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Updated OP for 0.12.24.X New features added. Others changed.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hoppermi, I have a request for something I think should be added to the User Guide. A lot of people seem to think there is a timestamp bug. But, if you go into settings>themes>customize message theme>there is a time label with two options. One saying "Single" and the other saying "Smart". If you select the single option you will have the proper timestamps. Just thought I'd throw that in there to avoid confusion. Thanks!

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Hoppermi, I have a request for something I think should be added to the User Guide. A lot of people seem to think there is a timestamp bug. But, if you go into settings>themes>customize message theme>there is a time label with two options. One saying "Single" and the other saying "Smart". If you select the single option you will have the proper timestamps. Just thought I'd throw that in there to avoid confusion. Thanks!

Actually, the smart/single doesn't fix the timestamp issue in the conversation page. It just places a timestamp on every entry in you message thread vs only for the first in a conversation.
To fix the conversation timestamp press menu/settings scroll to the bottom and turn off Sort SMS by date.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have that turned off already. I thought everyone didn't like that it only had timestamps after so much time

Sent from a Droid to a Droid...forum