D1-MIUI User Guide. Please read before posting UI related Questions

SoDroid

Reaction score
Thank you for the write up hoppermi! Very much appreciated! I've been running this for a few days and I didn't realize there were still features I hadn't discovered!

Ozzie

Reaction score
I came home from work yesterday, pulled up my phone, and my home screen had changed...:icon_ nono2:
It took me a few to figure it out...I was ready to restore a previous image but decided to dig in and try to find out what was going on...

I see it was mentioned in the first post but I hadn't noticed until now...if you press the home button (the screen gives you the different screens)...the home screen is highlighted...you can change to any you want.
No idea how mine got changed but was relieved it was an easy fix.

Lots of little Easter eggs...:)

Antonius138

Reaction score
How do you disable sounds from the lock screen?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bracemg

Reaction score
Apologies if this topic has been broached, but I am having trouble getting my phone to find my location for purposes of Google Search and weather widgets. Can someone help me on this?

Also, voice commands aren't working for me. Is this just a feature of MIUI?

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Not possible at this point. The only thing you can do w/ buttons is screenshot from the lockscreen

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Apologies if this topic has been broached, but I am having trouble getting my phone to find my location for purposes of Google Search and weather widgets. Can someone help me on this?

Also, voice commands aren't working for me. Is this just a feature of MIUI?

Download voice search from market to get your voice commands back.
Make sure you have network location enabled on settings menu. If this doesn't work you may need to reflash.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
D1-MIUI User Guide -updated for 11.19 V1
This is all I can think of for now. If there is something other features you would like to see added, or find an error in my post, post below and I will check periodically and update. Thanks

I would like to know more about the Backup that is found in the settings/personal menu.

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
This is all I can think of for now. If there is something other features you would like to see added, or find an error in my post, post below and I will check periodically and update. Thanks

I would like to know more about the Backup that is found in the settings/personal menu.

I edited OP. Its a very simple backup utility for MIUI only. No frills.

SoDroid

Reaction score

I edited OP. Its a very simple backup utility for MIUI only. No frills.

Can we restore system data with this utility? I'm not too familiar with MIUI backup and wanted to ask before I get a huge bowl of bootloops.

Thanks! And great guide!

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
I've never used it for that. Post your question in the Team D1 MIUI forum and someone who has will answer your question. My guess is yes.

jacobk

Reaction score
any suggestions if im missing settings->system tab->trackball settings? i was able to get to the mms settings just fine though.

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
Gmail Notifier will give you led for gmail. I haven't found anything for missed calls though. Hopefully a fix is coming this weekend.

gadgetskopf

Reaction score
You may select custom ringtones for each contact if desired(this is a no brainer, I don't know why regular contact app doesn't have this option, its been around for years)

This is kind of a moot point since you're running this custom ROM, but (from 2.1 at least), the ability for custom ringtones per contact is accessible from withing the contact edit screen. Bring up the menu and select options. You can pick a custom ringtone, or have that contact sent directly to voice mail.

daxxin

Reaction score
ring issues

I installed the rom on my Droid and ....well, lovin' it. I noticed the default ringtone will not save. Always goes back to the "Don't Mess Wiv It" ringtone. Is this a bug? Please advise...this ring sucks! :motdroidvert:

OP
hoppermi

hoppermi

Reaction score
I installed the rom on my Droid and ....well, lovin' it. I noticed the default ringtone will not save. Always goes back to the "Don't Mess Wiv It" ringtone. Is this a bug? Please advise...this ring sucks! :motdroidvert:

You have to use a market app like whoisit or ringdroid to set your ringtone just for this build. Will be fixed in this weekends release.