D1-MIUI.us 1.5.27

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As stated in the OP, dialing any number that begins with a * will cause the phone to FC. AFAIK, there is no fix for this yet. I have tried using the Phone app from last weeks build and it does the same thing, so the issue is more complicated.

HardWired

Reaction score
I am bro. What would be a good theme to change the YouTube background?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Issues with background problems (white on white, black on black, etc.) can usually be fixed by going to Settings/Programs tab/Manage Applications/choose the All tab, browse to the app with the problem and turn on or off Compatibility Mode.

HardWired

Reaction score
any way to disable camera sounds?
You can get rid of the shutter sound by using Root Explorer (buy it from the Market), press the Mount R/W button then browse to system/media/audio/ui/and in that directory you'll see camera click.ogg. Just change the .ogg to .bak or delete it. No more shutter sound.

chewy74

Reaction score
This was present in the last build too, but pic txt gets received in black & white.

Anyone else?

g_what

Reaction score
I am unable to see the percent of battery usage by application. Every app shows up at 0% and the time graph does not show up either. This is not really a big deal, but it is a small convenience that I like about GB. Is there a fix for this?

Other than that, everything is fantastic!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Good job as always Magiman.......Only Im heavily theming EPHD right now and your build for some reason will not allow the keyboard to theme at all. I flashed trey's build and it themes as normal, so be sticking with his till next week. Hopefully that gets figured out

chewy74

Reaction score
Same for me too

I am unable to see the percent of battery usage by application. Every app shows up at 0% and the time graph does not show up either. This is not really a big deal, but it is a small convenience that I like about GB. Is there a fix for this?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

You have to enable power monitoring to see that.

Settings -> System Tab -> Battery Settings -> Monitor Power usage (on)
Once you do that it will start monitoring power use and you can view that by clicking Battery use

g_what

Reaction score
You have to enable power monitoring to see that.

Settings -> System Tab -> Battery Settings -> Monitor Power usage (on)
Once you do that it will start monitoring power use and you can view that by clicking Battery use
Thank you! I should have searched around more before posting the question.

This rom is absolutely wonderful! Thank you MagiMan and TP4Bama (and anyone else who helped) for the hard work!

chewy74

Reaction score
magiman7? anyone else see have the same problem?

I will save the pic from the MMS and see if its saving in black & white also

Edit: the pictures being saved from the mms are also in black & white

This was present in the last build too, but pic txt gets received in black & white.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

HardWired

Reaction score
I use Handcent and pics save in color just fine. But I have had that happen in previous (Froyo) Miui builds so I can confirm at least that it can, has and does happen. I think it fixed itself the next week and I've since moved on to Handcent so it's not an issue for me.

Miui has been like that since day one, hasn't it. One week something works, next week its flakey, the next week its fine. I guess we do have to keep in mind its beta.

You could use Handcent as a quick fix. Install it, and it should mirror all messages that are currently in the native Miui messaging app. Browse to the message/pic and trying saving it. It should save it in color.

zendroid

Reaction score
then the miui camera was visible and worked perfectly for me without settings changes.

I hadn't tried pushing last weeks camera apk because it had similar issues. Can you verify zooming in and out (on screen and w/ vol buttons) and changing exposure does not cause a crash?

Yes indeed, zooming in as you suggested does indeed crash the app. Ah well, no matter, this ROM is too good to do without. I'll just use as is (without zooming) until it's fixed. Thanks Magiman7!

chewy74

Reaction score
I've used handcent and gosms in the past but like miui stock sms better. Thanks for the suggestion

element192

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone else is having any of the problems I'm having. Since the last build most of my incoming calls freeze when I slide down to answer, needless to say this gets pretty old when trying to answer a call. With the current build, LED notifications aren't working (they are enabled in settings) and my alarm clock didn't work this morning. It was set and it showed up in the status bar but it never made a sound or vibrate. Not trying to complain, just wondering if these are common issues or something isn't getting along with my particular phone.