D1-Miui.us-1.5.13 - Dual Release

msg04

Reaction score
just so people know, i was actually able to do a full Tibu restore of apps + data, and haven't had one fc yet. been running this release for a day now.

djrakun

Reaction score
darktremor a2sd doesnt work on this rom

well, after 48 hours of aggressively wiping, flashing, kernel swapping, etc, i do believe that dt apps2sd script will not work on this rom. i've tried several variants of his, and they all result in 'segmentation fault' in response to and a2sd check in the terminal. has anyone been able to get a2sd+ working in this rom using any method?

fwiw, i rolled back to 1.3.28 and i was able to get a2sd with no trouble at all, so i do believe that it is the rom

illmatic636

Reaction score
well, after 48 hours of aggressively wiping, flashing, kernel swapping, etc, i do believe that dt apps2sd script will not work on this rom. i've tried several variants of his, and they all result in 'segmentation fault' in response to and a2sd check in the terminal. has anyone been able to get a2sd+ working in this rom using any method?

fwiw, i rolled back to 1.3.28 and i was able to get a2sd with no trouble at all, so i do believe that it is the rom

Mineis working fine. I'm using bamas

adjacks86

Reaction score
If I flash this over v1.5.6 with no wipe will it fix the problems I'm having with backing up via miui? Because as of right now it only backs up so much then just says failed on most app backups. And I get an error when trying to do a simple nandroid backup.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DROOIID

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue turning on setting a ringtone for Google talk? It says silent and even when I select one it says silent.

Also is there anyway to set all notifications and remainders to "pop up alert" like you can in Google talk? I would like it if Google voice would do that too.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If I flash this over v1.5.6 with no wipe will it fix the problems I'm having with backing up via miui? Because as of right now it only backs up so much then just says failed on most app backups. And I get an error when trying to do a simple nandroid backup.

Is Miui backup always failing on the same app? Have you tried selecting just the apps after the failed app and seeing if they will backup ok?

Replying from the other thread: nandroid backup will take a snapshot of your current setup on your phone and restore it. A nanodroid backup cannot be customized to only restore individual apps or settings. With a nandroid image, you either get everything or nothing. Miui backup (like Titanium backup) is a completely different backup system. Miui backup doesn't backup your entire phone at once, it backs up individual items, apps, settings, etc. Miui backup cannot be used to restore your phone to a previous state like a nandroid image can. But Miui backup can be used to restore bits and pieces individually. So you can restore 1 app after backing up all of them. Both backup systems have their place and it is recommended to use both.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Phone just FC durring a call. It went fine but then all of a sudden my phone started making a hissing sound, with many tone and pause variations... and I had to pull the battery to stop it... odd

djrakun

Reaction score
illmatic636;1522641 Mineis working fine. I'm using bamas[/QUOTE said:
i didnt know tp4bama had his own a2sd script. i'll start looking for that one in the forums here.

are you using the stock kernel or do you have a custom one?

djrakun

Reaction score
also, wondering if anyone is having trouble synchronizing with an exchange account's contacts and calendar with the phone. i've wiped data and cache several times and put my exchange account information in, and the email synchronizes fine, but my calendar and more importantly, my contacts, are blank. ??

adjacks86

Reaction score
Is Miui backup always failing on the same app? Have you tried selecting just the apps after the failed app and seeing if they will backup ok?

Replying from the other thread: nandroid backup will take a snapshot of your current setup on your phone and restore it. A nanodroid backup cannot be customized to only restore individual apps or settings. With a nandroid image, you either get everything or nothing. Miui backup (like Titanium backup) is a completely different backup system. Miui backup doesn't backup your entire phone at once, it backs up individual items, apps, settings, etc. Miui backup cannot be used to restore your phone to a previous state like a nandroid image can. But Miui backup can be used to restore bits and pieces individually. So you can restore 1 app after backing up all of them. Both backup systems have their place and it is recommended to use both.[/QUOTE]

I just tried backing up the apps after they failed and Miui backup just force closes. And I was trying to nandroid backup to make a backup of how my phone is right now because it's good but this is the only thing not working and I have no idea why. Should I just do a full wipe and flash this latest version and see if it fixes the issue?

djrakun

Reaction score
ok, i get what you mean by 'i'm using bama's'. I was too. i downloaded magiman7's 5.13 and did the same routine. wipe data/cache, install rom, ran DT a2sd 2.7.5.3 beta 4 script. i'm getting a different error now, which may be progress

su
a2sd check
/system/bin/bash: /system/bin/launcha2sd: no such file or directory

i recall seeing this in some other threads. i'll be back

Antonius138

Reaction score
So what is the secret for adding your own ringtones?

DROOIID

Reaction score
Put a mp3 file on your SD card, next go to select ringtone, then click other, and find your mp3.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

Antonius138

Reaction score
Sorry maybe I am missing something really simple, I only see 'local' and 'online' and no other option.