D1-Miui.us-1.5.13 - Dual Release

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm running the magiman build now but for whatever reason all of my contacts have been tripled. As in, when I open up contacts there are three copies of each and every person. Also, when I go into accounts & sync I get an error for my Google account's Sync Contacts setting. It says: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Any ideas on how to clean this up?

If you use Miui Backup to backup and restore contacts, it will restore a duplicate set after you have synced with your google account. If you use google to save all of your contacts, you do not need Miui Backup to back them up.

element192

Reaction score
Thanks, TP4BAMA that worked perfectly. And yeah I did use MIUI Backup, I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the tip, magiman I'll remember to do that next week.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well, treym release works great for me, but I like magiman release as well, but why two differents rom releases, with different translations? You guys should come together as a team, that should work way better, don't get me wrong, is just my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Most of you here have probably not been a part of what happened with the split of miui.us from miuiandroid. Essentially several devs who port for various devices had a disagreement with the other leaders at miuiandroid. I have seen some logs of what happened, but I don't know everything. I can't (and won't) make a call on if everything was handled correctly, but the result was the split. Many of the devs who have done the porting for different devices have chosen the miui.us group to work with for various individual reasons. The leaders at miuiandroid did not want to only release translations for devices supported natively (by china devs). Therefore they have decided to duplicate several of the ports that the miui.us devs were already doing. That is what is happened with the D1.

I have helped Trey get started and do not have a problem with him. However, I am not going to work with miuiandroid sources because I have chosen to work with the miui.us. If anyone wanted to port to the D1, there was ample opportunity when TP4Bama had to take a break. (That's the only reason I am working here at all). The miuiandroid port is not because there is a need for a miui port to the D1, but because they want a MIUIANDROID port for the D1. Again, if they want to do that, I have no problem with them doing that, but that is not what I want, so I am not going to work towards that goal.

btb103

Reaction score
Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)

I've been pretty lazy and not upgraded for awhile so I'm still on a March Froyo release. Is there an issue using MIUI backup from a Froyo to GB build?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've been pretty lazy and not upgraded for awhile so I'm still on a March Froyo release. Is there an issue using MIUI backup from a Froyo to GB build?

Yes/No? Some apps do not have an issue and others cause random FCs (typically launcher FC). If you want, you can try restoring apps 1 at a time to verify each works w/o issue. You may want to give the phone a few mins to see if you get any odd FCs. Do NOT restore any SYSTEM info. That must all be redone on the first switch to GB.

btb103

Reaction score
Are there any known issues with RZRecovery? I just flashed this build (after a full wipe) and it won't boot - stuck at M screen.

EDIT: Hm, I re-wiped/re-flashed and it booted fine.

mjh68

Reaction score
Are there any known issues with RZRecovery? I just flashed this build (after a full wipe) and it won't boot - stuck at M screen.

EDIT: Hm, I re-wiped/re-flashed and it booted fine.

Something is up with RZ recovery if you do a wipe all, I had same issue so now I just manually wipe data and cache . I am not knowledgeable to know what is happening, but I am curious if it is when android.secure gets wiped ?

DROOIID

Reaction score
Thank you guys for this rock solid build. Best gingerbread build to date imo. Just flashed the deprimed kernel and the ulv works like a charm. Only fc was stated before, theme manager.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

Reaction score
Well, treym release works great for me, but I like magiman release as well, but why two differents rom releases, with different translations? You guys should come together as a team, that should work way better, don't get me wrong, is just my opinion.

Most of you here have probably not been a part of what happened with the split of miui.us from miuiandroid. Essentially several devs who port for various devices had a disagreement with the other leaders at miuiandroid. I have seen some logs of what happened, but I don't know everything. I can't (and won't) make a call on if everything was handled correctly, but the result was the split. Many of the devs who have done the porting for different devices have chosen the miui.us group to work with for various individual reasons. The leaders at miuiandroid did not want to only release translations for devices supported natively (by china devs). Therefore they have decided to duplicate several of the ports that the miui.us devs were already doing. That is what is happened with the D1.

I have helped Trey get started and do not have a problem with him. However, I am not going to work with miuiandroid sources because I have chosen to work with the miui.us. If anyone wanted to port to the D1, there was ample opportunity when TP4Bama had to take a break. (That's the only reason I am working here at all). The miuiandroid port is not because there is a need for a miui port to the D1, but because they want a MIUIANDROID port for the D1. Again, if they want to do that, I have no problem with them doing that, but that is not what I want, so I am not going to work towards that goal.

Magiman,

I think this is the third response to this question that I've read from you. Your patient and thoughtful responses are admirable, though the sense I get is that this question or some form of it will continued to be asked.

Since the separation is such a pivotal event in the Miui community, perhaps it would be appropriate for you to put a formal "official" statement explaining it and your position - as you have - into a sticky. It could be one which is closed to comments in order to avoid prolonged partisan discussion and feeding of the drama fire.

This would relieve you of the burden of writing repeated responses to the question, which due to the number of Miui enthusiasts is likely to be repeatedly posed. It would also save your patience for more important things, like addressing critical porting issues and living your life.

cowsquad

Reaction score
Thank you Magiman7 for the explanation about miuiandroid and miui.us. well I'm happy with you release, I do appreciate everytthing you have done for us and our droid 1. Thanks for helping out on t4bama's absence and working so diligently. Thank you and t4bama.

PARick

Reaction score
Gret Job guys! Two questions:

2. Is there any way you can add a couple of "lock app into memory" or does that have to occur at the China level?

Thanks again for a great job!

Hey Magiman, any thoughts on this?

g_what

Reaction score
So this should fix the 'Verizon Wireless' by just making it blank, for those who don't like it. Regular update.zip that just changes the ERI in the framework. I have not tried it cause im not on this MIUI yet. Maybe tomorrow. Should work though...

D1-Miui.us-1.5.13-BLANK-ERI
Does this block everything from showing up in the notification bar or just "Verizon Wireless"?

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
So is this build GB of FRG83G ?
I have found the FRG83G is the best ROM for our phones thus far bar none .dancedroid

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine is back up in the op. Check it out. If your running magiman7's just flash mine over it no wipe

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gret Job guys! Two questions:

2. Is there any way you can add a couple of "lock app into memory" or does that have to occur at the China level?

Thanks again for a great job!

Hey Magiman, any thoughts on this?

we would prob need miui source to implement this