D1-MIUI-Hybrid v1

illmatic636

Reaction score
apps arent restoring... anyone else with this issue?

For anyone flashing a new ROM, Cornicakes reminded me a few weeks ago that you can save yourself a ton of trouble by just restoring your data nandroid backup after you flash your new ROM.

I have done this in the past and recently have resumed this practice. In a nutshell, all you need to do is backup your existing ROM in clockwork (or just backup data in SP). Wipe everything, flash the new ROM, and before you reboot, restore just the data portion of the Nandroid backup and reboot. You should now have the new ROM with all your settings, apps and set up all restored.

I have not had an issue doing this while flashing approximately 6 ROMs over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for this info.

excellentnuke

Reaction score
I suggest renaming the MIUI launcher so you can have both the MIUI launcher and stock Froyo launcher. This is too much like MIUI to be a hybrid.

JLangevin

Reaction score
All of the features I loved are gone, removing this and going back to Med's version from a few weeks ago.

Bring back the HTC phone dialer and ill come back. Androids stock phone dialer is retarded at best, I loved the active searching ability of the HTC dialer and the in call features.

illmatic636

Reaction score
All of the features I loved are gone, removing this and going back to Med's version from a few weeks ago.

Bring back the HTC phone dialer and ill come back. Androids stock phone dialer is retarded at best, I loved the active searching ability of the HTC dialer and the in call features.

is that dialer HTC?

P-Droid77

Reaction score
OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

is that dialer HTC?

No it's miui.

phildroid27

Reaction score
Auto-MMS in Hybrid?

I guess the one feature that stuck out even moreso than other features that made MIUI really stick out to me is the auto-mms feature. Being a pageplus user, I really loved being able to auto send/receive mms without having to turn data on/off. Does anyone know of an app that does this, or anyone have any idea if it's possible to get this ported to MIUI hybrid?

BTW - 3-week lurker, first time poster. Joined the droid ranks 3 weeks ago and immediately started lurking. :icon_ banana:

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

What are you talking about? There is no htc dialer. I put the stock dialer in so people can do the *228 and not have force closes. If all you are complaining about not having the miui dialer/mms then use the regular MIUI because thats basically the only thing missing. I'm tired of hearing these comments when it's stated in the op.

If you really want it that bad then push in the Phone.apk Contacts.apk and Mms.apk from D1-Miui-0.9.30-V3.2. Then fix_permissions and clear contact storage and google services framework.

illmatic636

Reaction score

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
Hey Zen - I loaded the ROM and restored my data, as I normally do with any ROM, but I lost all my SMS/MMS from D1-MIUI 3.2. I find that a bit weird since going from UD8 to Zenito Miui to D1-MIUI I had all my messages restore. Do the messages get stored in a different place in the Hybrid ROM?

By the way, I wiped, flashed and then restored my data from Nandroid back up, which has worked for me in all of the above scenarios.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok flash-o-holics I've put some updates on google code.

One will fix the lock screen gallery so that you can pick your own pic while your trying to pick your own pick.

The other will revert your Phone/Contacts/Mms back to the MIUI ones.

I recommend if your going to flash the MIUI Phone/Contacts/Mms to flash it after you've booted the main hybrid rom and set everything up then wipe cache before rebooting.

JLangevin

Reaction score
Any other reports of the following bugs?

Phone Log causing FC

Contacts wont sync. Autosync has been going for an hour, not a single app or contact moved over. I was also on WiFi so signal isnt an issue. Contacts were restored via SD card, and the contacts page still says I have no contacts to view, however SMS and Phone calls display their name and picture...Whats up with that?

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Any other reports of the following bugs?

Phone Log causing FC

Contacts wont sync. Autosync has been going for an hour, not a single app or contact moved over. I was also on WiFi so signal isnt an issue. Contacts were restored via SD card, and the contacts page still says I have no contacts to view, however SMS and Phone calls display their name and picture...Whats up with that?

I don't know. It works fine for me.

Last edited: