D1-MIUI-Hybrid v1

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Im having the same problems too. In addition, most of the Miui body parts are gone. Phone dialer, mms, launcher and the ability to change the lock screen wallpaper :(

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Im having the same problems too. In addition, most of the Miui body parts are gone. Phone dialer, mms, launcher and the ability to change the lock screen wallpaper :(

I'll pull it and have a look. It wasn't doing it earlier.

I stated that those parts were gone in the op. Thats why I called it hybrid.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
can you make an add-on for the dialer/contacts/in call screen?

I'll see what I can do but if I do that and add the miui launcher you basically looking at D1-MIUI v4.

Quantify

Reaction score
Wow...you may have just created the perfect ROM. The stability and features of CM6.1 with the coolest parts of MIUI. Really looking forward to trying this out.

Thank you Zenulator and Team D1-MIUI!

PickYourKing

Reaction score

I'll see what I can do but if I do that and add the miui launcher you basically looking at D1-MIUI v4.

I'm actually just super keen on the dialer/in call screen aspects of MIUI. Everything else is cool too but I especially love those things.

Actually wondering if I can just run the latest Cyanogen ROM or BB and add on that dialer/in call screen? If you can pull those things out of the MIUI rom for me, i'd be ecstatic!

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I'm actually just super keen on the dialer/in call screen aspects of MIUI. Everything else is cool too but I especially love those things.

Actually wondering if I can just run the latest Cyanogen ROM or BB and add on that dialer/in call screen? If you can pull those things out of the MIUI rom for me, i'd be ecstatic!

No it's tied to the miui frameworks.

Also I'm still working on the rom. Somehow I messed it up when I pulled it from my phone and added a couple things. Might not be tonight I'm getting burnt out on it as I've been messing with it on and off since last night.

PickYourKing

Reaction score

No it's tied to the miui frameworks.

Also I'm still working on the rom. Somehow I messed it up when I pulled it from my phone and added a couple things. Might not be tonight I'm getting burnt out on it as I've been messing with it on and off since last night.

So if I pulled the Phone.apk from the /system/app folder it wouldn't work huh? Sorry for all the questions haha just really in love with that dialer.

3vil

Reaction score
So if I pulled the Phone.apk from the /system/app folder it wouldn't work huh? Sorry for all the questions haha just really in love with that dialer.

No it would not work, because it needs the other parts of the miui framework to work.

TMYINC

Reaction score
I'm excited to test it out again. When it was working correctly it was lightning fast and super responsive. If there were any delays they were unnoticeable to me. Even with the stock 800mhz kernel it seemed faster the CM6 with the same kernel. I will probably try out a slayher kernel with it next time since they are my kernel of choice. But definitely get some rest man. After working on it for that long I bet things seem like a blur. I'll just check back in tomorrow to see if the download is reposted, as I am testing the MIUI V3.2 right now. I wanted to try the hybrid first for a smother transition to MIUI but Im doing well with it anyhow. The hybrid has much potential and I think you are on your way to a rock solid rom. I'll be supporting this rom til the end! Thanks for all your hard work! It is much appreciated.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok new version is up. Added the MIUI launcher.

Last edited:

azpilot

Reaction score
Installed the update and here are my thoughts on it:

1. Boot screen is the Droid boot eye, what happened to the Chinese boot screen. Now this looks like every other ROM out there on boot up.

2. Phone, Contacts and MMS looks like every other ROM out there now and has no special feel like the original MIUI rom did.

3. Lock screen wallpaper you can not choose from Gallery, and are limited by just having the wallpaper that is pre-selected

4. When the phone rings, the old slider that goes up and down is gone, now its left and right

5. The ROM is speedy and pretty stable from the testing I have done with it.

6. FC when trying to view the call log after receiving a call

The changes while ok, take away from the MIUI that I have come to know. In fact for me, so much that I think I might pass as the changes just make this like any other ROM instead of one that stands out like it did with the MIUI way of doing things, phone, contacts, sms the little things like you slide to answer the phone, the boot screen, those were unique to what made this ROM different. I'm sure the changes made were for good reason and as I said the ROM seems pretty fast and the only FC I have seen is trying to view the call log.

Maybe its just me, but personally the changes just align this to feel like the other roms available and just took away the unique part of the way this ROM use to look and feel.