[D1-MIUI Changelog]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
is there an update coming soon for this monster?? Has the location been fixed yet dancedroid

Location is working as long as you flash on top of a ROM that location is already working from.

What I mean is you get the accept/decline prompt as long as you flash on top of a ROM that was working fine without wiping. I don't know exactly why it works from a "dirty" flash instead of a clean one, but it works.

The purpose of this version is install with wipe but if u do that location wont work. I was hoping they found out a way to get the location to work without installing over another Rom :icon_ banana:

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
is there an update coming soon for this monster?? Has the location been fixed yet dancedroid

Location is working as long as you flash on top of a ROM that location is already working from.

What I mean is you get the accept/decline prompt as long as you flash on top of a ROM that was working fine without wiping. I don't know exactly why it works from a "dirty" flash instead of a clean one, but it works.

The purpose of this version is install with wipe but if u do that location wont work. I was hoping they found out a way to get the location to work without installing over another Rom :icon_ banana:

Man your everywhere. I'll have a look at network location/agps. I know GPS works fine for me.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

Man your everywhere. I'll have a look at network location/agps. I know GPS works fine for me.

lol trying to burn time on a slow day............dancedroid

Z

ZeroBarrier

GPS works just fine on a fresh install, it's just network location that doesn't "fully" work. You can toggle it on and off, but when you toggle it on, you do not get the accept/decline prompt (and since you don't get the prompt to accept, my guess is it is "stuck" waiting for user input as to whether accept or decline was pressed to start working).

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
tried to install the latest 3.2 over the v2 miui I had running (which was over chevy 4.8)...and I get nothing but FC on my launcher. Its not just on the first boot, its anytime the launcher is required to do anything at all. Not a biggie as I have a nandroid, but just wanted to bring it up.

I was happy with how smoothly things were running with v2. I didnt have any complaints and didnt get any FC much, so..idk what the deal is.

I will wait until things are worked out on dev end before attempting any more flashes.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
tried to install the latest 3.2 over the v2 miui I had running (which was over chevy 4.8)...and I get nothing but FC on my launcher. Its not just on the first boot, its anytime the launcher is required to do anything at all. Not a biggie as I have a nandroid, but just wanted to bring it up.

I was happy with how smoothly things were running with v2. I didnt have any complaints and didnt get any FC much, so..idk what the deal is.

I will wait until things are worked out on dev end before attempting any more flashes.

It says you are supposed to wipe before installing V3.2 did you try that??

Sent from somewhere...

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

It says you are supposed to wipe before installing V3.2 did you try that??

Sent from somewhere...

I havent. I didnt do it because I didnt have any issues with the v2 other than *228, sd card and storage, fc's. No other issues.

I will eventually do it...but I dont care about fb syncing at the moment. When other issues have been ironed out with miui, it will warrant the effort to wipe and set everything up again. I just restored to the v2 for now.

no sweat.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
actually did the wipe, installed per instructions in OP. Flashed the Chevy lv kernel 0.8ghz, flashed the galaxy theme...and it did the same thing...continued fc of launcher anytime I tried to slide a homescreen..or do any function requiring the launcher...it fc.

Basically had to wipe and restore v2 AGAIN.

Reaction score
I flashed V3.2 as suggested in the OP and had too many fc's and other issues that made it difficult to stay with.

I restored my Sapphire 1.1.1 install that I have been running for the last couple weeks. I then installed MIUI V3.2 over Sapphire 1.1.1. I then installed Chevy's ULV 1.1ghz kernel.

I have been running this setup for the past couple days with very few fc's (maybe 3 a day for the launcher). Everything is running great.

I hope more devs take take the hint and try to develop new ROM's that that go beyond the reorganizing of current ROM's and actually redo the UI.

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Hey guys, I am going to release a minor update tonight. The changelog will still be here but all future conversations should take place here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/87550-team-d1-miui.html

It's just because it is extremely difficult to work with everyone on three or four different threads.

Hopefully my post will be the last one on this thread, and maybe the mods will close it?

Look out for the update within the next 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.