[D1-MIUI Changelog]

Status
Not open for further replies.

markwebb

Reaction score
Am now getting FC's on GMail: i can't add another account.

How did you do your install? Did you follow all the steps in the OP in this thread?

FC on Gmail can happpen even after a restore. Just go into Applications | Manage Applications find the Gmail app and then clear cache first. If that don't work clear data, should resolve the issue.

Yes, already did those but didn't resolve. However, i was able to set up another Gmail account using Stock email and NOT the Google email.

But, as noted above, I went back to LFY 1.7...for now! I will be back as this ROM improves!

GeneRs

Reaction score
How can I theme V3.2 to the Zenito theme without reverting to V2? I HATE the cloudy pulldown shade. Don't care for the woodgrain popups either.

Can we mess with the framework to change these things?

I think I'm going back to V2 Till this bad boy gets themed.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I used a two-pronged approach to get this ROM to run perfectly on my phone.

1. Install over another ROM after restoring all apps/contacts (I chose SS 4.8). Follow same protocol from installing V2 - upon reboot clear data for Contacts Storage, Google Services Framework, and Market. Then run fix permissions in ROM Manager. Then reboot.

2. Made sure to delete all apps available in the Market from /system/app in the .zip before flashing.

This ROM runs perfectly for me now with no force closes except *228 and SD Card & Phone Storage settings. I know you guys might not want to install over another ROM, but if that's what's standing between you and a functional ROM, I would do it.

I have zero problems with locations or Market. Happy as a clam. :D

jbrock98

Reaction score
i'm confused the link and the file page has v3.2 but the actual file when u go to download says 9-30v3.1 ???

GeneRs

Reaction score
Ok... I had an apiphany. I've already posted that I don't like the gray pull down or the woodgrain pop ups. What happens if I swap out the framework-res.apk from Zenito V2 to V3 .zip file before installing? Anyone think it will cause problems? Theoretically it SHOULD work right?

publicanimal

Reaction score
Ok... I had an apiphany. I've already posted that I don't like the gray pull down or the woodgrain pop ups. What happens if I swap out the framework-res.apk from Zenito V2 to V3 .zip file before installing? Anyone think it will cause problems? Theoretically it SHOULD work right?

I'm clueless when it comes to framework stuff... but you could always make a nandroid backup and then test your theory, then post your results.

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Most likely bootloops but you never know until you try. Nandroid is your friend.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

jjfreak5

Reaction score
No big thing. I know this is in alpha but, following the steps of going into "manage applications" and the steps that follow, my apps didn't sync. Just out of curiousity, how do you get them back? Let's say I backed them up with Titanium backup. If my apps don't sync, how am I supposed to get to Titanium back up to restore the apps I backed up? Hopefully, I didn't skip a response to a similar question. I apologize in advance if I did. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick assessment of the Rom: Definitely will take some time to get used to. Way out of my comfort zone. Threw up in my mouth a little when my Droid looked like an iPhone. (j/k). Kinda. If all that gadgetry could be incorporated into one of the feature filled roms (UD or one of the others), that would be off da hook. Not saying I want someone to do that. I'm just saying that it would feel better using it if it felt more Androidish. Great work to all that worked on this unique rom. Unfortunately, I'm a 1 phone guy. Since I couldn't get all my apps to load, I had to switch back to a previous rom until I figure it out a little more. It's pretty cool though.

You just go to the market and download Ti Backup, and then you do your restore. I have found it is better to backup apps with app brain though, and then use Ti for any data you want backed up.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Nick177th

Reaction score
No big thing. I know this is in alpha but, following the steps of going into "manage applications" and the steps that follow, my apps didn't sync. Just out of curiousity, how do you get them back? Let's say I backed them up with Titanium backup. If my apps don't sync, how am I supposed to get to Titanium back up to restore the apps I backed up? Hopefully, I didn't skip a response to a similar question. I apologize in advance if I did. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick assessment of the Rom: Definitely will take some time to get used to. Way out of my comfort zone. Threw up in my mouth a little when my Droid looked like an iPhone. (j/k). Kinda. If all that gadgetry could be incorporated into one of the feature filled roms (UD or one of the others), that would be off da hook. Not saying I want someone to do that. I'm just saying that it would feel better using it if it felt more Androidish. Great work to all that worked on this unique rom. Unfortunately, I'm a 1 phone guy. Since I couldn't get all my apps to load, I had to switch back to a previous rom until I figure it out a little more. It's pretty cool though.

You just go to the market and download Ti Backup, and then you do your restore. I have found it is better to backup apps with app brain though, and then use Ti for any data you want backed up.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Thanks JJ. Good looking out.

PickYourKing

Reaction score
when restoring apps with something like Titanium or App Brain, how do you get the restored apps to repopulate in the "downloads" section in the market for updates and such?

martytoo

Reaction score
I had top do a nandroid restore today. I couldn't get the apps to rep populate. I was browsing the top free apps. Those that I had showed up there as installed - since I restored from a backup, all my apps were installed but did not show up in the download list.

I noticed that the app iheartradio was available in a different form as a Verizon only download - that is - you have to be on Verizon to get the app. (I have no idea why.)

Once I downloaded this app it showed up as a new app next to my old iheartradio. Once I did this all my other apps showed up in the download list.

Your mileage may vary but I have read in the past that downloading one new app can allow the marketplace top sync with your downloads. Since the app was installing as a new app I think that is what happened for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.