D1-Miui-1.5.20

DROOIID

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with their camera? I had this problem the last 2 builds, what happens is when I take a photo it only shows up as a white image for a thumbnail. Then when I go into photo property it says 1 by 1 pixel for the resolution. Any ideas?

-Somehow it worked itself out... I just went into the settings and toggled the options, and then toggled them back.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

Last edited:

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
No camera issues here. Only issue I have is I randomly loose data. It's on under toggles, I have to reboot phone and it turns back on. Missed a couple of important emails, I'll see if it happens again.

This is one of the coolest roms, I just read the miui manual and found a bunch of cool stuff.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nhspike

Reaction score
No camera issues here. Only issue I have is I randomly loose data. It's on under toggles, I have to reboot phone and it turns back on. Missed a couple of important emails, I'll see if it happens again.

This is one of the coolest roms, I just read the miui manual and found a bunch of cool stuff.

Please don't make us read it, just tell us about the cool stuff you discovered!

:D

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score

Please don't make us read it, just tell us about the cool stuff you discovered!

:D

Hold down the menu button and the volume down to take screen shots. (No need to restore shoot me)

On your lock screen, hold down the home button to turn on your flashlight.

Its 5am. Tired. Can't remember the rest right now.

cowsquad

Reaction score
I couldn't get miuiandroid to install, how gay is that ? I moved it to data like magiman said, with no luck. I gave up :( magiman did his trick, I know lol :)

Did you try what illmatic636 suggested and move it to /system/app ? You can use Root Explorer, or if your cheap like me, adb to push it there and then set permissions with 'chmod 644' (Make sure you remount system w/ 'abd remount')

Could you or anyone be kind enough, and let me know the command on terminal emulator to move the apk to system and set permissions? I cant figure out this damn thing.. Thank you and sorry about my ignorance :)

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Could you or anyone be kind enough, and let me know the command on terminal emulator to move the apk to system and set permissions? I cant figure out this damn thing.. Thank you and sorry about my ignorance :)

Assuming you have it on your sdcard, you can do the following. The miuiandroid.appname.apk should be replaced with whatever the miuiandroid forum app is called, I don't remember what it is. (comments in parenthesis are explaining what each step does, they should not be typed)

su (gain root)
sysrw (remount the /system partition with write access)
cp /sdcard/miuiandroid.appname.apk /system/app/miuiandroid.appname.apk (copy the apk file from sdcard to /system/app)
chmod 644 /system/app/miuiandroid.appname.apk (change permissions of the miuiandroid app)
sysro (remount the /system partition as read only)

all done.

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
I couldn't get miuiandroid to install, how gay is that ? I moved it to data like magiman said, with no luck. I gave up :( magiman did his trick, I know lol :)

Did you try what illmatic636 suggested and move it to /system/app ? You can use Root Explorer, or if your cheap like me, adb to push it there and then set permissions with 'chmod 644' (Make sure you remount system w/ 'abd remount')

If you use root explorer, you can long press the terminal apk && move the app to system /data..
then at the top, remount to R/W, where it is in write mode and not R/O (Read Only).
Go to the terminal app and long press it.. go to permissions, and make sure all of READ is check marked and User Write is checked marked and press Okay. & reboot

illmatic636

Reaction score

make sure you have the apk on the root of your sd card.

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
#mv /sdcard/miuiandroid.apk /system/app/miuiandroid.apk
#reboot

I believe this is it.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yo this ROM is running pretty sweet. Got the V6 Script running as posted on another thread... things are smooth!

dja1980

Reaction score
I just read the miui manual and found a bunch of cool stuff.
Where did you find the Miui Manual? I checked the sticky thread, but it looked like just a write-up from October-2010.

Edit: Nevermind... found it on the OP.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yo this ROM is running pretty sweet. Got the V6 Script running as posted on another thread... things are smooth!

What memory settings are you selecting with the script?

mjh68

Reaction score
For whatever reason my phone hates this week's release, even stock flash without changes extremely laggy, multiple fc's and just unusable. I have wiped, triple wiped and just no go. I can run Trey's release fine, not sure what would be so different about this release. Frustrating how different things can be on different phones. Oh well, it will be Friday soon enough :)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

What memory settings are you selecting with the script?

I used what was mentioned in the other thread... used 8, rebooted, then 12, then rebooted cause I figured I might had to. I feel like its running pretty good now. I am still on stock kernel and might switch that up to see what happens...

cowsquad

Reaction score
thank you magiman7, that did the trick, but without adding the app name lol, just by typing miuiandroid.apk. thank you so much
:)

Assuming you have it on your sdcard, you can do the following. The miuiandroid.appname.apk should be replaced with whatever the miuiandroid forum app is called, I don't remember what it is. (comments in parenthesis are explaining what each step does, they should not be typed)

su (gain root)
sysrw (remount the /system partition with write access)
cp /sdcard/miuiandroid.appname.apk /system/app/miuiandroid.appname.apk (copy the apk file from sdcard to /system/app)
chmod 644 /system/app/miuiandroid.appname.apk (change permissions of the miuiandroid app)
sysro (remount the /system partition as read only)

all done.[/QUOTE]

jc265

Reaction score
I haven't used MIUI for 4 months so I'm out of the loop...but I must be missing something.. I don't have android market. Where's it at?

EDIT:

I reinstalled and my market is back (along with 5 other apps that didn't show up)

Last edited: