D1-MIUI-1.4.8 (Gingerbread)

Reaction score
You are freakin awesome man! Can't wait for the next release, have had nothing but problems with 4.8. Can't even download apps unless I'm on wifi but I can surf the web, weird. Hope everything is going well for you bama! Good to see you haven't forgotten us :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

undroath2death

Reaction score
im on the original build of 1.4.8 and everything works great here except for the old sliding keyboard open unlocks the phone deal but eh lol thanks for your hard work devs

also whenever i get a phone call 3g for my apps and browser completely goes out and i have to reboot to get it working again, not horrible but kinda annoying

Last edited:

jdm627

Reaction score
Agreed, I turned off the GPS last night before bed, and I didn't have a reboot all day today. Of course my data is spotty, I have to cycle airplane mode to get it to work or use wifi.

I flashed again,turned off GPS and installed deprimed till to now any reboot tomorrow I will install my app with TiBu with out all system.
Installed app with TiBu this morning, set cpu and changed kernel for slayher 1000 1.6 I think launcher need it more speed like adw and others. I hope new rom it´ll come with the new CM7. Now Working Amazing

Rotech72

Reaction score
Just want say that I have not had any reboots since changing heap 48, turning off gps and start using de-primed kernel...almost a whole day without any kind of reboots...thanks for the tip

linkboy

Reaction score
I am having one issue with the rom and its with the dialer. Whenever I dial a number, I have to touch below the number for it to work. For example, if I touch the 1, I have to actually touch the 4 for the 1 appear.

Anyone else having an issue like this.

nick12

Reaction score
+1 for getting MUCH better stability with gps turned off. Maybe 1 reboot in the past day or 2. The only 2 nagging things I've been seeing are:

1) A lot of times I'll have a 3g connection, but the bars will be gray instead of green, and apps won't be able to use the data connection... but oddly enough the browser will still be able to use data, so I definitely have a valid connection. Sometimes it comes back on its own (and turns green again), but sometimes I have to reboot.

2) I'm definitely not a fan of having to open a separate app and switch between downloads over 3g or wifi. Isn't that what the wifi toggle should be for? Why would you ever want to download over slower 3g if you're wifi connected? Or why would you want it to try to download over wifi if wifi is turned off? Is that a gingerbread feature or a miui feature?

Other than that, I'm a big fan of gb miui so far, if gps is truly fixed in the next release... this going to be awesome.

hixie5

Reaction score
+1 for getting MUCH better stability with gps turned off. Maybe 1 reboot in the past day or 2. The only 2 nagging things I've been seeing are:

1) A lot of times I'll have a 3g connection, but the bars will be gray instead of green, and apps won't be able to use the data connection... but oddly enough the browser will still be able to use data, so I definitely have a valid connection. Sometimes it comes back on its own (and turns green again), but sometimes I have to reboot.

Hey Nick12, Your issue number 1) is common to every GB ROM I have run on the original Droid. Not just MIUI. Not sure about the second though.

ludi

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on how I can get gps going on 1.4.8? Wife and I recently moved from the South to New England, and no gps is tough for us atm. ...err... She is giving it to me over the no gps. Ide hate to have to dig up an old nandroid or flash another rom, but if I have to, I have to.

If you can help-- Shoot me a PM or w/e. Any help would be beneficial to my wellbeing. ;P

waco

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on how I can get gps going on 1.4.8? Wife and I recently moved from the South to New England, and no gps is tough for us atm. ...err... She is giving it to me over the no gps. Ide hate to have to dig up an old nandroid or flash another rom, but if I have to, I have to.

If you can help-- Shoot me a PM or w/e. Any help would be beneficial to my wellbeing. ;P

It works on 1.4.15.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I just installed the latest update to this today, coming from the last Froyo build (obviously wiped). I have had no problems. No reboots, no force closes. It's very snappy. I don't really see much of a speed difference versus Froyo, but Froyo always ran well for me. I did change from the stock kernel to Chevy's Low Voltage 1.2, because that worked well for me in the past on GB ROMs.

Thank you, team. I've very impressed. The thing I was actually most excited about was the lockscreen clock being fixed - it now shows 12 hour!

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Actually, I have a question. Have any of you found or know of a theme to change the primarily orange and green coloring scheme to blue, like it was in the Froyo builds? The current colors aren't that appealing to me, but I haven't seen that many Gingerbread themes yet in the Theme Manager.

cowsquad

Reaction score
Actually, I have a question. Have any of you found or know of a theme to change the primarily orange and green coloring scheme to blue, like it was in the Froyo builds? The current colors aren't that appealing to me, but I haven't seen that many Gingerbread themes yet in the Theme Manager.

Kobalt ic3 theme changes that my friend, go ahead to try it